Windows 10: Defender updates today?

Discus and support Defender updates today? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just curious, has anyone had any defender definition updates today through windows update? I have had none which seems unusual 91533 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Defender updates today?

Just curious, has anyone had any defender definition updates today through windows update? I have had none which seems unusual

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 15, 2017

2. Cumulative Updates & Windows Defender updates

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if these helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooting’, and press
      enter.
    • Click on ‘System and Security' and select
      ‘Windows Update' then click on next to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Cumulative Updates & Windows Defender updates

I've had Windows 98, XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and now windows 10. I have never had this much trouble getting an OS to install or getting an OS to install updates from Microsoft. I am having such issues with my Custom built Desktop I am almost considering
    going back to windows 7.

Motherboard is ASUS

Everytime I try and install older audio drivers my PC crashes BSOD I need to boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver then windows installs a driver which is not making my rear speakers work. I've tried everything. speaker fill enabled. Quadraphonic
    I do the test for all speakers the two front ones work but the rear speakers I hear nothing. rear speakers worked with windows 7

Defender updates today? [​IMG]

Ryan House, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Defender updates today?

By coincidence I had checked for updates just before you posted. I got version 1.249.1077.0 created about a day ago.

5. shadowblade, Aug 15, 2017
  6. ok thanks , same version as me then

Scottyboy99, Aug 15, 2017
  7. Indeed. MS releases new definitions about 12 times a day. No updates for the whole day, that is really odd.

TairikuOkami, Aug 15, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Defender updates today?

Last here was yesterday mid-morning.....

f14tomcat, Aug 15, 2017
  9. MS has put out a new definition:

shadowblade, Aug 16, 2017
  10. Quite a jump from 1077 to 1124. I guess there were some internal problems.

TairikuOkami, Aug 16, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    As you said earlier...
    ...and indeed delivers all of them to their Enterprise customers for the Windows Server Update Service (WSUS). The public releases are a selection from these, usually one or two a day.

This is not the first time there has been a gap of more than a day.
    Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

12. Berton Win User
    Mine updated Monday 8/14/17 and definition version is 1.249.1036.0. Majorgeeks.com is not showing anything newer.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
  13. Try3 Win User

Defender updates today?

Mine was updated to 1.249.1159.0 at 06:45:06 17 August 2017 [I guess that 06:45:06 is MS HQ time, it is not my own timezone - the update happened at 10:05 British Summer Time {GMT+1}]

Denis

14. Bree New Member
    All times shown in Defender are in your local time zone. This can lead to confusion when people from different time zones quote the creation time they see for Defender updates. This is perhaps more clearly demonstrated if you use the old Defender UI which (unlike the new Defender) includes the date and time I last checked for updates. The old UI is still included in the Creators Update: Create Windows Defender Settings shortcut in Windows 10

Here you can see that the check for updates that I made just before midday UK time found definitions 1.249.1164.0 created three and a half hours earlier. A US user will see the same version number, but with the creation time expressed in their own time zone.

15. Try3 Win User
    Bree,

Yes, I also checked it using the old UI when I first came across this strange Last update entry in Windows defender security centre, an entry that is effectively now just a repeat of the Version created on entry. I appreciate that the old UI shows a sensible time for when the last update was done [checking it is more convenient than looking in Event viewer for the same info - System log, Event source WindowsUpdateClient, Event 19].

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

Defender updates today?

1. Defender updates today? - Similar Threads - Defender updates today

2. Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...: If anyone noticed, in the last Windows Defender was a bug which caused you HDD/SDD filled up with crap files. In the meantime a fix has been released and is being installed silently. If you have any version of Engineversion LOWER than 1.1.18100.6 you have this bug. If you...
  3. Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...: If anyone noticed, in the last Windows Defender was a bug which caused you HDD/SDD filled up with crap files. In the meantime a fix has been released and is being installed silently. If you have any version of Engineversion LOWER than 1.1.18100.6 you have this bug. If you...
  4. Todays Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Todays Windows Update: Just installed todays (11-13) Windows update and when I try to see "View installed updates" it is a blank page--nothing. Is anyone else having this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/todays-windows-update/41db7ef2-ee16-4595-ad1c-97f6819d7283
  5. Bing is updating today

in Browsers and Email
    Bing is updating today: Bing is updating the Interests tab in settings right, now so in Cortana they are currently unreachable. They have also added a Video tab for more secure video watching: [img] 18288
  6. are there any windows updates today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    are there any windows updates today?: Its Tuesday and that's usally when updates come out. I haven't seen any updates yet does anyone know if theres going to be a windows update today? 32256
  7. New Update today BEWARE!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Update today BEWARE!: I just did the latest update. At least it was for me. Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice. It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder. The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught...
  8. Todays Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Todays Update: Hi There. Just did the latest update this morning took a while to complete but working okay. Just one issue I notice in my C drive that there is Windows old showing up with this latest update will it be okay to delete that ? as we did before when I went from W8.1 to...
  9. No restart after today's update

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart after today's update: Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update. Should I reset? Or? 71898
  10. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]