Windows 10: Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed?

Discus and support Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, I should think that the title of the thread should be pretty self-explanatory, but here's some further info... Windows Update: There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Silverhand92, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed?

Hey guys,

I should think that the title of the thread should be pretty self-explanatory, but here's some further info...

Windows Update:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.215.1561.0) Error 0x80248007
    [Retry]

I've had this problem for a while now, and it keeps trying to install the updates. Upon rebooting, the system says; "We couldn't install some updates. Undoing Changes to Your Computer."

From there, it reboots again, gives me the same screen, then reboots an additional time to the last working OS config.

Is there a way to correct this? If so, how?

:)

Silverhand92, Mar 14, 2016

2. Windows Defender (SCEP 2012) when clicked on Update defenitions throws 0x80070002 error

When user click on Update defenitions, defender shows dowloading defenitions but soon fails with an error.

"This app coudn't check for virus and spyware definition updated. Check your internet or network connection and try again."

From the same computer user can access internet sites and download the defenition manually from download site.

Any thoughts ?

NarayananTH, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Windows defender is not updating

Windows defends is not updating. The popup is "virus and spyware defenitions could not be updated . Check for internet connection". I have internet connection. Still It's not updating

mahendar_814, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Edwin009 Win User

Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed?

Hi Silverhand,

Please check Microsoft KB article number 918355. It states: "If you are a home user who is experiencing this problem on your personal computer, you can receive no-charge support by phone, chat, or e-mail."
    And this is regarding Windows Defender issue that you are facing. Check https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/918355 for more details. You can call them on 877-254-4698 or 800-936-5700.

All the best.
    -Edwin

Edwin009, Mar 14, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Try this tutorial :
    How to Reset Windows Update in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

No guarantees it will fix the problem, but no harm trying it.

Start with step #1 > click the Download button.....................

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  6. Unfortunately, this attempt to fix the problem has cleared the history, so I can't see what the update was... And also unfortunately, it didn't appear to fix the problem. I'm still getting the "We couldn't install some updates. Undoing Changes to Your Computer." double-reboots, which then reverts to the latest working W10 config.

BTW, this system is the ASUS Transformer Book T100-HA (W10 edition).

Silverhand92, Mar 24, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If you find the tutorial a little intimidating, try the method I use...................

Use the tech bench link to download your version of Win 10 iso :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > make sure you pick the same version your computer is using> click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  8. Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed?

So far, so good. Waiting on the next update cycle to make sure it's good.

Silverhand92, Mar 29, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Good.
    If next updates cause no issue, please come back to this thread and mark it as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed?

1. Defenition Update for Windows Defender Failed? - Similar Threads - Defenition Update Defender

2. Windows Defender on Servers Updates failing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender on Servers Updates failing: Hi,We have installed SentinelOne EDR on a clients Windows Servers. For some reason our HIDS agent is reporting Event ID 2001 Windows Defender Update errors on those assets?To my knowledge SentinelOne being installed should automatically disable Windows Defender which should...
  3. windows defender failed to update

windows defender failed to update: i got a notification that my window defenders needed to update because the virus and spyware definitions out of date. i was trying to update but the status didn't change, also my network connection is good not in the poor connection. also, i didn't get any warn after i tried...
  4. Windows Defender Update Failed

Windows Defender Update Failed: when running update it comes up with update failed. is there a solution for this? I am on a laptop with windows 10 [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-update-failed/754dd30d-7bbb-4e85-bf70-136d28e03f64
  5. Windows Defender update failed, sort of?

Windows Defender update failed, sort of?: Copied from my Reddit post. My internet has been slow today, and my Defender definitions update took longer than usual like 5-10 minutes. When it finished downloading in the update center, it said the update failed and I could restart my PC to try again. I did, and my...
  6. Windows Defender Update failed

Windows Defender Update failed: Over the last couple of weeks, I've been getting this error message "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (version 1.305.1053.0 Error 0x80070643)". I use AVG...
  7. Windows Defender Updates Are Failing

Windows Defender Updates Are Failing: On my Windows 7, Windows XP emulation mode, Windows Defender updates have been failing from KB915597 Definition 1.293.6.0 through Definition 1.293.1438.0. The last successful update was Definition 1.291.2208.0. MLB...
  8. Update Fails Windows and Defender

Update Fails Windows and Defender: Since yesterday i keep getting this error. Any ideas how to fix this? [img] 14986
  9. windows update fail windows defender update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update fail windows defender update: • Definisjonsoppdatering for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definisjon 1.225.3467.0) – Feil 0x80070643 makes everything else updating stuck... *Smile edit: norwegian: definisjon = definition, feil = error\fail windows store does not work, photos\pictures app doesnt...
  10. Windows defender update fails.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows defender update fails.: I got error like this. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: . Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defenition update for windows defender antivirus KB2267602(definition 1.293.6.0)