Windows 10: Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?

Discus and support Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Using Windows 10 Pro My defer upgrades option is turned on, but set greyed out. How can I change it again? The registry key is ok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kvenl, Jul 12, 2016.

1. kvenl Win User

Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?

kvenl, Jul 12, 2016

2. Defering Feature Upgrades

How do I defer Feature or Version upgrades?

Advanced Option Settings 'Defer feature updates' is greyed and obviously won't work at present

(Windows 10 Pro)

GeoffBrannan, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Lexmark C500 printer not working after update to Windows 10 anniversary edition (1607)

Hi,

For the meantime, you can choose to Defer Upgrades on your Windows 10.

Here's how to Defer Upgrades:

• Click Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Choose Update& Security.
    • Click on Advanced options, and then enable Defer upgrades.
    For more information about Defer Upgrades, you can click this
    link

Best regards.

Julie Ram, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?

Your PC or a company supplied PC? Factory installed Windows 10, or do you or somebody else install it? Sounds like a group policy has been set.

alphanumeric, Jul 12, 2016
  5. kvenl Win User
    Hi Alphanumeric,

Thanks for reacting!
    It's a private owned PC. It's an inplace upgrade from 8.1
    I checked the Group Policy but "Defer upgardes and updates" is "not configured" .
    After the upgrade to Windows 10 I ticked the box to defer te upgrades myself.
    But now I cannot set it back, because it's greyed out. Strange.....

Regards,

Kees

kvenl, Jul 12, 2016
  6. Ok, yes strange? You've already looked at what I would have checked. You could try setting that group policy, reboot, then go back and undo the change.

alphanumeric, Jul 12, 2016
  7. kvenl Win User
    Well, that brought me on the right track, tanks!

What I did (and that solved it here):
    + in policy (gpedit) : Computer configuration-> Windows Components->Windows Update -> Defer Upgrades and Updates set to Disabled
    + restart
    + that cleared the box, but the still stayed greyed out
    + set the same policy back to Not Configured
    + restart
    +
    Did a check for updates (in Update & Security)
    + then the box was accessible again; I can use it again like from scratch Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back? :)

Thanks again for thinking with me.

Regards,

Kees

kvenl, Jul 12, 2016
  8. Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?

I'm glad that fixed it for you. There is likely another registry entry tied to that, that is now set correctly. What got it greyed out in the first place I have no idea?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?

1. Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back? - Similar Threads - Defer upgrades greyed

2. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  3. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  4. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  5. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  6. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  8. Sync settings greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync settings greyed out: back in 2015 there was a problem with this. I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed I set the machine up with my usual account and password. When I go to sync settings there is a message that "Sync is not available with your...
  9. Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro: Hey guys, How can I re-enable this checkbox? I haven't been able to find any info on getting the checkbox re-enabled in 10 pro. [img] 35832
  10. Deferring Upgrades Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring Upgrades Question: In Windows Update > Advanced Options > there used to be an option to "Defer Upgrades" , but it is gone now. Any idea where it went? On the option to "Defer Upgrades": I would rather defer any build upgrade until a time that I can supervise the install, and I don't...