Windows 10: Defrag System Reserve

Discus and support Defrag System Reserve in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; running win 10 my bootup time has doubled I checked all I know and it shows my system reserve is 100% defragged. How do I correct this problem. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ben Daniels, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Defrag System Reserve

running win 10 my bootup time has doubled I checked all I know and it shows my system reserve is 100% defragged. How do I correct this problem. Is there a inexpensive program that will repair window problem. also when I try and defrag the reserve it really does nothing.
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Dec 13, 2016
  2. paul 360 Win User

Defragmentation

defrag will not defrag system reserved, I reinstalled win 10 still same.

paul 360, Dec 13, 2016
  3. paul 360 Win User
    Defragmentation

it is still not defragging it, win 10 has been restarted a few times. no defrag of system reserved.

paul 360, Dec 13, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Defrag System Reserve

Defrag requires a certain amount of free space on the drive to be defragmented, else it can't run. The SYSTEM drive it shows is probably nearly full. Also, this drive doesn't hold anything that's used when Windows is running, so defragmenting it is not going to have any effect on your system.

Thema:

Defrag System Reserve

1. Defrag System Reserve - Similar Threads - Defrag System Reserve

2. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  3. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  4. Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve": My system reserve thing is stuck at 17% Fragmented "Needs optimizing" I can't get it down 183053
  5. System Reserved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reserved: Can anyone tell me what ‘System Reserved’ is in the Optimise drives window? I have just did a complete clean install of Windows 10 and finished doing all the updates. I always finish up an installation with a ‘check drive for errors’ and an Optimise the drive and I saw...
  6. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System and Reserved: For some odd reason it says on my laptop that it has 970GBs in System files is this something that can be fixed so I can have more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved/ec3c362e-ef97-4d90-826d-937510903cdc
  7. System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates: *Confused Last three 1903 updates (all three were this latest Tuesday update that I screwed up and had to sys restore), the fixed % (was 10%) system reserved drive, has climbed 1% per update, now at 13%. IMHO, since windows defrag does not defrag this drive it MUST be...
  8. How do I defrag the system reserved folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I defrag the system reserved folder: How do I defrag the system reserved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-defrag-the-system-reserved-folder/022e38ea-2099-4026-9858-665e0b41306b
  9. System & Reserved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved: So the majority of my disk space is taken up by System & Reserved as shown below. [ATTACH] I tried using Disk Cleanup, but it only cleaned up 8 MB. I do have WinDirStat, but the problem is I don't know which files are safe to delete. As I keep looking up each file and...
  10. system defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system defrag: My Windows 10 SYSTEM is 15% fragmented and should be optimized. When I click on optimize it very quickly runs down the percentage numbers as though it's doing it's job. But then it settles again at 15%. I already tried a manual defrag command. That didn't help. All my other...