Windows 10: Defraggler + SSD raid 0

Discus and support Defraggler + SSD raid 0 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by klepp0906, Jul 20, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Defraggler + SSD raid 0

So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out.

Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem still exists.

If i try to run windows optimize it will give me the trim option for my raid 0 setup. Defraggler however only gives me defrag/quick defrag.

How can I make defraggler see my ssd raid as ssd and offer optimize/trim? Any way to force this since it seems incapable on its own?

anyone else in a similar situation or has been and been able to solve it?

:)

klepp0906, Jul 20, 2017
  2. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 can not optimize HDD, says it is a SSD Help

Auslogic Defrag is quite effective and free but if the problem is how the RAID controller is reporting the drive then that will have the same result. No defragging utility should run on what it thinks is an SSD.

Defraggler is another alternative

HairyFool, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Joebob312 Win User
    Windows upgrade failure error 0xc0000098

I have a raid 0 array of 2 32gb ssd's. Is there any way to inject the raid drivers so that it may continue the upgrade.

Joebob312, Jul 20, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Defraggler + SSD raid 0

Honest answer? Throw it away. The MS Optimize is all you need.

f14tomcat, Jul 20, 2017
  5. klepp0906 Win User
    lol yea. Its one of those rare cases where ms shines. including marvell controller drivers but thats another discussion alltogether ;p

if no resolution is available (hoping a config file exists i can change a 0 to a 1) then thats what ill have to do. Thats what ive been doing for many moons. Just anal as all hell i suppose. Some inner experience has taught me that third party must in some way always be superior or it wouldnt exist I guess. Habit maybe? who knows. Likely the same reason ive avoided the dentist for 20 years but times they are a changin Defraggler + SSD raid 0 :p

klepp0906, Jul 20, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Some 3rd party have good extra features and/or easier to use, but not this time. A Trim command is a Trim command is a Trim command. *Smile

f14tomcat, Jul 20, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Exactly.
    All it does is let the OS tell the SSDs controller which blocks of data are no longer considered in use and can be wiped internally.
    Nothing more.
    Then the controller decides when and what is best reset back to zero(or isn't it one with an SSD)

Cliff S, Jul 20, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

Defraggler + SSD raid 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trim_(computing)

Cliff S, Jul 20, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    There are some third party software that unfortunately do not go the extra mile to distinguish properly between hard drives and SSDs, people with SSD should not use these programs. As above I recommend the built in optimiser. Its all you need.

swarfega, Jul 20, 2017
  10. pparks1 Win User
    Leave it alone, its not necessary.

pparks1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Defraggler + SSD raid 0

1. Defraggler + SSD raid 0 - Similar Threads - Defraggler SSD raid

2. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  3. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  4. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  5. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  6. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails: Hi All, I've got a Windows 10 Home install running on a pair of 120GB SSDs running in RAID 0 (striped) - seemed like a good idea at the time.....ho-hum.... :/ Have now run out of space and want to move to a bigger (single) SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the partitions...
  7. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  8. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  9. Question about SSD RAID 0

Question about SSD RAID 0: I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I put in my personal laptop back in May. I also have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I just put in my desktop a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking about wiping both, and using both in my desktop for a RAID 0 configuration since I don't use my...
  10. Migrating OS from RAID 0 to a single SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrating OS from RAID 0 to a single SSD: Okay. I have been doing a lot of cloning and migrating an OS before but I haven't done cloning or migrating an OS from dual drives in RAID 0 mode. It's not my PC. Someone is just asking for my help. Is it a different approach or is it just like working on a single drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defragger raid ssd