Windows 10: Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS

Discus and support Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit box as my NAS Storage Spaces, ReFS, 2 drives mirrored HomeGroup HDD sleep on idle Hibernate/Sleep disabled My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThatMouse, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ThatMouse Win User

Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit box as my NAS
    Storage Spaces, ReFS, 2 drives mirrored
    HomeGroup
    HDD sleep on idle
    Hibernate/Sleep disabled

My problem is when I typically save or open a file with the Windows file dialog on any Windows 10 machine, and I try to go to that machine through the network path //MyNAS/MyFiles, it initially gives me a cannot connect or find error.

Is this due to the dialog not waking up the drives on the NAS? Something is obviously asleep here, and I usually end up opening Total Commander or Windows Explorer to "wake up" the connection and then everything works. I don't mind waiting, but I'd like the dialogs to hold tight until it connects, not give me not found or cannot connect.

:)

ThatMouse, Feb 15, 2016

2. Network problems

I can't access my 2 NAS'.

The Buffalo NAS sends an email daily to show its status, which is working fine, so I know the network address is ok, but I get the error " Windows cannot access" the network address" when i try to add it in "Map network drive".

In my Netgear NAS I get the error in "Microsoft Windows Network" that "The network path was not found."

A J Ricaud, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Network folder missing computers, NAS devices

I cannot connect to my NAS (WD MyCloud) via network folder.

On connected via ethernet (directly) to the NAS, it shows up.

Any way to fix this?

HellFreeze, Feb 15, 2016
  4. linw Win User

Saw something similar with my Linux based NAS. My workaround was to disable sleep on the NAS but it would be nice to see a 'proper' solution as we should be able to save power and wear.

Thema:

1. Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS - Similar Threads - Delay cannot connect

2. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  3. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  4. One PC in network cannot connect to other devices and NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One PC in network cannot connect to other devices and NAS: Have tried everything in this Windows 10 piece of _____! v 1909 One PC cannot connect to any other device or the NAS's I have. Two other PC's can connect to anything with no problems. All appear to have same update, etc. Turned SMB1 off and on in all devices. No...
  5. Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....

Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....: for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored"). so, i uninstall the update every week, but this is a pain, and probably hurts security. i just had my second support session with...
  6. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  7. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  8. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...
  9. Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!

Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!: This is a really infuriating problem that I just can’t get my head around! I have 2 win10 pcs and one WDigital network drive all wired together by Ethernet via an Asus AC68u. Pc 1 can read and write to the network drive and can read and write files to pc 2 pc2 can read and...
  10. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...