Windows 10: Delay in accessing network PC

Discus and support Delay in accessing network PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs networked thru a Zyxel router which has just been replaced. Both PCs are Windows 10 Home. Network Connection On Desktop PC shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joe935, Feb 1, 2016.

1. joe935 Win User

Delay in accessing network PC

I have 2 PCs networked thru a Zyxel router which has just been replaced. Both PCs are Windows 10 Home.
    Network Connection On Desktop PC shows connection to be Ethernet. On Laptop the connection shows Local Area Network. I'm not sure if that normal or how to change that.
    The problem is that after booting the Laptop and starting File explorer, I click on Network which will show Both PCs but clicking on the other PCs name, error says cannot access but after running the diagnostic (no error) I can then access the folders on the Desktop PC.
    I have searched but found nothing about a delay.
    Any Ideas would be appreciated.

:)

joe935, Feb 1, 2016
  2. PeterLoth Win User

Computer not showing up on other networked computers

Almost same problem.

Before the november upgrade;

PC-1 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit,

PC-2 Windows 10 Pro N 64 bit,

PC-3 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit contains all data files and are C.R.U.D. accessable by all PC's,

PC-4 Windows 10 Pro N 64 bit,

After (delayed) november upgrade

PC-1 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3, PC-4 and have access to PC-3 and printer connected to PC-3

PC-2 shows PC-1 and PC-4 and do not show PC-2 and PC-3 (No access to PC-3).

PC-3 shows PC-1, PC-3, PC-4 and do not show PC-2.

PC-4 shows PC-1, PC-4 and do not show PC-2 and PC-3 (No access to PC-3).

Trying to login to PC-3 from PC-2 and PC-4 a Windows 'Network error' pop-up with error message:

No access to \\PC-3

Check the name. Otherwise there's a problem with your network.

Error code 0x80004005

Somebody nows to solve this issue ?

PeterLoth, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Start Menu, Search & Apps not working

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking.

Safe mode with Networking starts Windows in safe mode and includes the network drivers, services needed to access the Internet or other computers on your network.

Refer below link to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Note: Please restart the computer to start in normal mode.

Get back to us if you are facing further issue, we will be happy to assist.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

Delay in accessing network PC

1. Delay in accessing network PC - Similar Threads - Delay accessing network

2. PC IS SLOW AND DELAYED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC IS SLOW AND DELAYED: So i just came nack to my pc and it has loads of space and memory left and randomly all my games have started lagging mainly csgo and i dont know how it happened if anyone can help with this issue it would be appreciated even google delays while i open it...
  3. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's

Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's: We have 2 new Lenovo Thinkpad T490s laptops. Built identically with Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1.PC 1 : accesses all networked PC's correctly - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-TPC2 : only accesses the local networked PC - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-T2The only major difference between...
  7. Delay in wifi network detection

Delay in wifi network detection: For the last couple of days there has been a delay on detecting any wifi networks when my laptop is woken from sleep. Connects fine once it sees the network and detects and connects perfectly well when fisrt switched on. I have tried updating the driver, and also turning off...
  8. Accessing PC's on network

Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  9. Cannot access networked PC's

Cannot access networked PC's: We have about 4 PC's/laptops running windows 10 and 4 Computers which act as servers but are running windows 7 pro. The servers have shared folders on them which either other servers or the PC's need to get at. This has worked fine for years until the other day and now its...
  10. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is a delay before accessing the network computer