Windows 10: Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.

Discus and support Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why yes, this is yet another one of those threads. I recently migrated from a Windows 7 machine (Requiescat In Pace) to a Dell XPS 8910 Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AFunnyUsername, May 10, 2017.

1. Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.

Why yes, this is yet another one of those threads.

I recently migrated from a Windows 7 machine (Requiescat In Pace) to a Dell XPS 8910 Windows 10 Machine. I've used an Ethernet cable from both machines directly to my router to get internet access, and it runs like a dream. I'm writing this from the Windows 10 Machine in question.

The problem, however, comes when the machine exits sleep mode. Though this was never an issue with my 7 machine, it takes approximately 2-3 minutes for the network to actually connect. The Ethernet network will report as being connected, however, there is no internet service. After that few minutes, it connects just fine and I'm able to do suspicious things on the internet as per usual. The Network Troubleshooter doesn't offer any clues.

Is there any advice ya'll can offer? Most support seems to be for situations where the network never connects.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AFunnyUsername, May 10, 2017

2. Computer doesn’t power down on Sleep.

The only solution I have found to keep the PC in sleep mode is to put my hard wired ethernet modem in
    stand-by mode before using the sleep command in Windows 10. The options for sleep mode settings in Windows 10 make no sense at all. All of the provided options for delayed activation of sleep mode cause a wake
    up within minutes of timed delay to activate sleep mode if the ethernet modem is left active.

Dan_White_14424, May 10, 2017
  3. JonE13 Win User
    Ethernet connection issues

I use my computer at both work and home, ethernet at work and wireless at home. While at work, if I allow my computer to go to power save mode or sleep mode the ethernet connection disappears when I attempt to use the computer again. I can still use
    the unsecured wireless from the office next door (but don't want to). If I restart the computer, the ethernet connection is back up and running fine. Not sure what the problem is or why it loses connection.

JonE13, May 10, 2017
  4. Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.

Hi AFunnyUsername. Welcome to the TenForums @AFunnyUsername

Please open device manager, right click on Wire Network adapter, click on Properties, click on Power Management Tab.

There should be a line something along the lines of "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power". Please see if there is a check mark in the box. If so please remove.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 10, 2017
  5. It was under "Network adapters", but found it just like you described! Thanks!

AFunnyUsername, May 11, 2017
  6. Great. Glad the forum could help.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.

1. Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode. - Similar Threads - Delay Ethernet Connectivity

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  4. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  5. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  6. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  8. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection: Hi,For the past few months, sleep mode has been disabling the ethernet connection on two PCs both connected to the same router through wired ethernet connection. A simple disable/enable on ethernet in the network connections settings page re-enables the connection. Display...
  10. BSOD when exiting sleep mode 0x000000d1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when exiting sleep mode 0x000000d1: When I put my computer in sleep mode and after some time try to wake it, my computer shuts off and when rebooting I get the BSOD. The computer then reboots and I can use Windows without any issues, ofcourse it is annoying since I cannot use sleep mode anymore. These...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Delay ethernet connectivity when exiting sleep mode