Windows 10: Delayed display detection after five minutes of being logged in.

Discus and support Delayed display detection after five minutes of being logged in. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where after logging into Windows 10 the display goes black and comes back on again after about five minutes. It's very annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ledgema, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ledgema Win User

Delayed display detection after five minutes of being logged in.

I'm having an issue where after logging into Windows 10 the display goes black and comes back on again after about five minutes. It's very annoying when watching movies or listening to music because of using HDMI. I have the AMD Radeon R9 280 and I'm using the most recent crimson drivers. The display is fine when at the welcome screen and after logging into Windows, but this happens about five minutes after. I think Windows is trying to detect the display. Is there a way to change when Windows tries to detect the display? This is a fresh install of Windows 10 on an M.2 SSD.

:)

ledgema, Apr 8, 2017

2. Windows 10: Five minute login screen no matter what

I did a little more experimenting.

I set the display to turn off in 20 minutes to see if the lock screen appeared at five minutes... but at five minutes nothing happened, so I didn't wait any longer.

I set the display to turn off in one minute and when I moved the mouse I saw the lock screen... but strangely, I was not asked for a password when I hit the space bar, I was looking at my desktop again. Huh?

I am VERY confused now. The display turning off should be a hardware control... I don't understand why the lock screen is appearing after the displays are turned back on.

And why would I be required to enter my password when I have the displays set to turn off in five minutes, but not when I set it to one minute? That makes NO sense at all.

I thought Windows 10 was supposed to be easier!

DarrenDriven, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 was update stretched/distorted my screen display.

Wayne - this solved my problem. Thank you for being there. I just logged into this community after useless minutes with virtual chat. For anyone also with sudden display issues after an update, my system is Windows 10.

Ellen

ellendriscolland3cats, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Delayed display detection after five minutes of being logged in.

Hi ledgema.

When this happens what events are being recorded in the event viewer? (Check system and application logs.)

Hopefully this will give you more info which you can share.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

Delayed display detection after five minutes of being logged in.

1. Delayed display detection after five minutes of being logged in. - Similar Threads - Delayed display detection

2. Windows screen won't stay off after five minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screen won't stay off after five minutes: I have an asus tuf dash 15 laptop on windows 11. In the power mode, I have it set to turn off the screen after five minutes. After five minutes, the screen turns off, then in a few seconds it turns back on to the lock screen, although the laptop is not locked and a spacebar...
  3. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  4. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop RDP to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  5. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: I have the same problem as the below posting. I have tried a bunch of things to remedy this issue, but really nothing works. "Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates"...
  6. Computer BSOD every five minutes

Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  7. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  8. Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep: I am using window 10 64 bit build, Hp specter x 360. My wifi speed is usually 50 Mbps before sleep. After 5-10 minutes of sleep, my laptop wifi speed slows down to 2 Mbps. I don't know what is happening. I reset my laptop and the problem still persists. I don't know what to...
  9. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  10. Why is there a five e minute delay advancing to the next level in Premium Solitaire Challenge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a five e minute delay advancing to the next level in Premium Solitaire Challenge: There is a delay of at least forty seconds and as long as five minutes to get to the next level in the Solitaire daily challenge. WHY????? I am able to access every other part of the web while I am waiting for Microsoft to advance....