Windows 10: Delayed resume from sleep

Discus and support Delayed resume from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by striper, Jun 9, 2016.

1. striper Win User

Delayed resume from sleep

I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the lid. Sometimes the login bar disappears for a bit. I can't move the cursor. I can't type. Then everything comes back and the computer works like it should.

Anyone have any advice?

:)

striper, Jun 9, 2016
  2. klaernie Win User

Delay sleep when laptop lid closes

Could you please suggest it to the responsible people? Lenovo had this feature for years, and it's really handy to be mobile for a couple minutes without the laptop sleeping. Often I have connections open that can't be resumed after sleep, it it's always
    a hurdle. For now I disabled it, but having it simply delay a couple minutes would make it much easier.

klaernie, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Why Headphones are working only after waking up from sleep ?

Sleep Mode doesn't run any applications on your computer including sounds. If you want to hear sounds on your computer, don't put it on sleep mode.

For more information about Sleep Mode, read this article:
    No Sound After Resuming Computer from Standby or Sleep Mode

Johann Eva, Jun 9, 2016
  4. striper Win User

Anyone? It's doing it every time now.....

striper, Jun 9, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Suggest you check any power settings that may impact the SSD.

PJLLB, Jun 9, 2016
  6. striper Win User
    What should the turn off hard disk settings be set at? Zero?

What about sleep after? Never?

striper, Jun 9, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    How did you install Windows on SSD? New install or image the old Windows (from hdd)?
    If you clone drive to SSD it is perhaps wise to reset power options.

Most of notebook manufacturers have some kind of settings for Windows (power options are the most important) that you can download from their site and apply. So, try to reset power options to Samsung default.

If Samsung doesn't have that settings, you can try Brinks tutorials for resetting power plan.

Edit: set sleep at your wish. 30 mins for plugged in and 10 for battery is reasonable.

AndreTen, Jun 9, 2016
  8. striper Win User

Thank you for the response.

I did a fresh install via a thumb drive.

I will look into what Samsung recommends for power settings.

Right now I have it set to sleep, never. It only sleeps when i close the lid.

striper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Delayed resume from sleep - Similar Threads - Delayed resume sleep

2. Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep: I have had this problem for the longest time and it is still happening with Windows 10 ver 2004. On my Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2 both now on Windows 10-2004, they will fail to obtain ipv6 addresses on SLAAC networks on resume from sleep for more than 1 minute. If I...
  3. Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver: Hi. I hope you can help me with regards to this constant issue I have been having. My laptop sometimes doesn't shut down fully or when it enters sleep mode or screensaver mode screen turns off, then the fans ramp up to constant maximum and no matter what I do, the screen...
  4. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep: To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and...
  5. Dell laptop can't resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop can't resume from sleep: Today I had to leave the house, so I opened the power menu from the Windows button, and selected the option for my Dell Inspiron i5577 laptop to "Sleep." I come back later, hit the power button to turn the laptop on, and lo and behold, the power button light turns on. There...
  6. No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen: Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop. When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1) on the screen and after I press enter the login screen appears with its wallpaper image. But, when I resume by lifting the...
  7. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  8. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...
  9. Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep: Ok, I have a problem that (AFAIK) no one else on any of the forums (and forum sites) I have visited seem to having. As per the title, I am sure you can see that it is related to my laptop going to sleep. The Problem: My Dell XPS 15 (9550) seems to go to sleep properly...
  10. W10 slow to resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 slow to resume from sleep: I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has...