Windows 10: Delaying W10 which is ready to install on reboot

Discus and support Delaying W10 which is ready to install on reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not sure I want to install just yet, I thought it would be straightforward but find there are some issues I need to check on first so I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trapper, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Trapper Win User

Delaying W10 which is ready to install on reboot

I am not sure I want to install just yet, I thought it would be straightforward but find there are some issues I need to check on first so I need to delay the install.

Is there an option to cancel without removing the download or is the only option to not accept the EULA and would this cause problems later when I have decided to upgrade?

My main concern is that as I have used CCleaner and Disk Cleaner since installing W7 around 5 years ago.
    Will W10 be able to revert back to W7 or will the installation files have been removed in which case reverting back may not be possible?

As you can see W10 is raring to go!

Delaying W10 which is ready to install on reboot [​IMG]

:)

Trapper, Aug 5, 2015

2. How Do I FIX Windows 10 Install Error "C1900101-20003"?

I have the same error code when trying to upgrade from 7.1. On four occasions now.

When W10 upgrade downloads and states ready to install, the computer closes down and reboots to install W10. The large circle with the %age populates in blue and it gets to 10-14% during the copying files stage where that gave 30-40% when the computer closes
    down completely with no warning.

The booting of the computer returns the OS to 7.1.

The Windows icon in the app bar, when you right click it to go to check your update status takes you to that box that states W10 is ready to install, etc. Will it tell you that if it is not ready to install? Does Microsoft send an email to tell you that
    W10 is ready to install, or do you have to check the icon periodically?

martin parr, Aug 5, 2015
  3. delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 5, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I'm sure people on this Forum will be telling me to wear a DOG Muzzle - since I've been saying this AD NAUSEAM.

BACKUP your OLD OS with a decent backup program -then you can revert AT ANY TIME (and probably within 30 mins max).

You won't lose activation status or anything if you have to revert.

Now saying that --Go on after doing the backup just go for it --what's to lose - if you don't like it just revert using the restore from the backup you've made.

Give it more than a day though if you REALLY don't like it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Trapper Win User
    Thanks Jimbo *Smile I have been reading likely looking threads most of this morning and a Google search that listed 10 pages of line by line 10 Forum threads! Where I came across the suggestion of refusing the EULA.

I have a 'system image' of last night safe and sound, but past experience of Windows upgrades fills me with trepidation.

I can ASSURE that repeating yourself, although I realise it can be frustrating, is very much appreciated by those of us who do not wish to screw up their systems!

Trapper, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I would recommend definitely running Disk Cleanup and CCleaner before doing the backup and upgrade.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delaying W10 which is ready to install on reboot - Similar Threads - Delaying W10 ready

2. Which version of W10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version of W10 ?: I recently had to take my DELL laptop (5593 purchased new 2020) to a local repair man to check why my keyboard was not working (keyboard lag) it is still work in progress but he reinstalled W10 as below. W10 20H2 home Build 19042.985 Experience 120.2212.2020.0...
  3. Installing W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing W10: I have a custom-built computer. I had install W10 on it at first it was an upgrade from W7 and a pain to install due to the NVME drive and no USB drivers. but later Windows got mess up so I put Linux on it now I thinking of going back to W10. can I install W10 free without...
  4. W10 Installation

W10 Installation: I have recently been trying to install W10 { USB }on a laptop that was shut off during a fresh restart. It usually gets to finish then the laptop restarts and brings me back to the beginning of the setup. If you know how to fix this please tell me. Video submitted by...
  5. Problem rebooting W10 normally

Problem rebooting W10 normally: [ATTACH] Since an update earlier in the month, every time I reboot, I get that first screen. The only way to boot normally is by hitting F11 while rebooting, so I get this menu, where I can choose the third option. I have tried the advanced options startup repair, but to...
  6. Updates ready to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates ready to install: My PC says updates are ready to install but it won't let me install immediately. It tells me to go to advanced options and the earliest I can install is June 11. Why cant I install immediately? How come, huh, how come?...
  7. Need to Cancel A Windows update that is ready to be installed after Reboot

Need to Cancel A Windows update that is ready to be installed after Reboot: Hi All, After the last update, 2 of my computers Exactly same model were unable to connect via WIFI, I removed the update, Did a lot of changes to not update my Windows but AGAIN Microsoft forced another update on my computer and it is ready to be installed If I restart...
  8. Delay automatic update reboot based on load

Delay automatic update reboot based on load: I'm aware that you can delay updates via the 7 day option and you can have active hours, if your response includes either one of those I'm going to answer with "Thanks captain oblivious". Automatic updates and reboots are broken. My machine runs VMs and those VMs run a lot...
  9. Installed W10 on a partition, which broke my Veracrypt setup

Installed W10 on a partition, which broke my Veracrypt setup: Hello. I decided to give Windows 10 a go today and Installed it on a new Partition of my 2nd SSD. I installed it via USB Stick and it went smoothly. I booted into W10 and it detected the other half of the 2nd SSD, but the main SSD, which is Veracrypted and runs W10 did not...
  10. W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night: That's about it. Tried reinstalling them, rebooting now, etc., nothing helps. From update history: [img] [img] 106684