Windows 10: Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I find reinstalling the operating system to be a hassle that should be postponed until system instability arises. I would like to postpone upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by THX1138, Jun 1, 2015.

1. THX1138 Win User

Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade

I find reinstalling the operating system to be a hassle that should be postponed until system instability arises. I would like to postpone upgrading Windows for as long as possible.

A window has come up titled "Get Windows 10" and it's talking about reserving and installing Windows 10. If I reserve Windows 10 does that impose a short time limit in which to install?

Additionally, I'd rather the major bugs following mainstream release were worked out before I got around to installing it.

:)

THX1138, Jun 1, 2015

2. Windows upgrade stuck at 99% complete

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

You need to prepare the Windows 7 PC for the upgrade and then try to upgrade to Windows 10. If need be you might have to perform a repair installation of Windows 7 so that any broken or corrupt system files and settings are corrected. Once this
    is done the upgrade to Windows 10 is smooth and easy.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 1, 2015
  3. Problem with upgrade : Windows 7 Pro -> Windows 10 Insider Build Home -> Windows 10 Home

Hi Sandeep,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Since you had installed Windows 7 Home it has upgraded to Windows 10 Home. Unfortunately, the only option now is to revert to Windows 7 Pro and then after activating it upgrading to Windows 10 Pro if you prefer the free upgrade.

If not you may buy Windows 10 and then try to install Windows 10 Pro with the key.

Hope this information helps

Ravinath P, Jun 1, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

You have 1 year to take advantage of the free upgrade offer. You don't have to be "among the first", so just ignore the upgrade reservation until you decide you want it.

Mystere, Jun 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Delaying upgrade

2. new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays: So i recently upgraded from i7-9700k, asus prime z390a and 32gb of ddr 4 3200 ram to a i7-13700k, msi z790s wifi, and 32 gbb of 5200 ddr5 ram. never had these issues on my old build.i mainly use it for gaming, playing tarkov on my main monitor while using my second monitor...
  3. new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays: So i recently upgraded from i7-9700k, asus prime z390a and 32gb of ddr 4 3200 ram to a i7-13700k, msi z790s wifi, and 32 gbb of 5200 ddr5 ram. never had these issues on my old build.i mainly use it for gaming, playing tarkov on my main monitor while using my second monitor...
  4. Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2: We recently upgraded to Win11 Pro 22H2 from our Windows 10 Pro. Now when printing we have at least a 5-8 second delay when sending print jobs to our HP Laserjet P1606dn printers. Thinking it could be an energy saving issue as the printers turn off after every print job. Not...
  5. Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2: We recently upgraded to Win11 Pro 22H2 from our Windows 10 Pro. Now when printing we have at least a 5-8 second delay when sending print jobs to our HP Laserjet P1606dn printers. Thinking it could be an energy saving issue as the printers turn off after every print job. Not...
  6. Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to defer or delay Windows 11 2022 Update or feature upgrades. Microsoft has recently rolled out the Windows 11 2022 Update Version 22H2 and you might already have received it on your Windows 11 PC. If not, you can get the update...
  7. Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again: Windows 10X, which is Microsoft’s new operating system for Chromebook-like lightweight devices, might not be released to the general computing public until almost the second half of the year. Previously, Microsoft was looking at the ‘Spring 2021’ (March-May) launch timeframe...
  8. Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way: Having the various screens delay a long time without any activity. The screen MAKING SURE YOU ARE READY TO INSTALL has run for over 8 hours now, just spinning it's little icon. Is this going to finish or it is reasonable to assume it has failed and will eventually time...
  9. Delay the problematic mandatory upgrade for a month?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delay the problematic mandatory upgrade for a month?: Yes I do not want the new Windows 10 make upgrade until they fix the problems. I am on the road and do not have the time to be trying to fix it after it screws things up. I have disabled and it still starts up. I have prolonged it for a few days and it still appears it...
  10. Compaq CQ5814 long delay to BIOS screen and fails to wake after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Compaq CQ5814 long delay to BIOS screen and fails to wake after Windows 10 upgrade: (originally posted at lab.remaker.com) Scenario: A Compaq CQ5814 (5800 Series) AMD CPU with the ArrowwoodD motherboard (AMD Hudson D1 Fusion Control Host, AAHM1-B2) running Windows 10 has the following problems. When powering on after shutdown, there is a long 90...