Windows 10: Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows

Discus and support Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows How to Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows You can keep track of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows

How to: Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows

How to Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows

You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

Sometimes you may want or need to reset and clear all your bookmarks in Google Chrome.

This tutorial will show you how to delete all bookmarks in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Close any open Google Chrome windows.

2. Open a command prompt.

3. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter.
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
    4. You can now close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 30, 2018

2. bookmarks in google chrome missing

After latest windows 10 update I lost all of my google chrome bookmarks. Any suggestions?

Moved fromDelete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows :(Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

JGrantly52, Oct 26, 2019
  3. buntina Win User
    PC Sync Bookmarks with Google Chrome

Hi all, trying to Sync Google Chrome bookmarks (my default browser) with my E71 via PC Sync (7.1.26.0), but Chome is not listed in the Bookmarks source tab in PC Sync (list IE and FF)

Also would love to sync email folders but understand this is not poss on the E71?

buntina, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Maggidon Win User

Google Chrome Bookmarks

After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ...
    Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I presently have here and add the new ones to the list here in Chrome.
    Or do I have to completely delete my Bookmarks from Chrome and then retrieve them from the saved file.

Maggidon, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows - Similar Threads - Delete Bookmarks Google

2. Google Chrome bookmarks are deleted after each Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome bookmarks are deleted after each Windows 10 update: Hi, My Google Chrome bookmarks are deleted after each Windows 10 update for the 10th time. My desktop, documents had also disappeared one or two times. I have a chrome bookmarks html file on my desktop to recover. I wanted to know why windows 10 system developers don't...
  3. My Google Chrome bookmarks are deleted after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Google Chrome bookmarks are deleted after Windows 10 update: I am devastated, as all of my Google Chrome bookmarks from many, many years are deleted after I updated Windows 10. Nothing was said that I need to do a backup of any sort. This is outrageous! If there's no way to get them back, I am seriously considering to ditch Microsoft...
  4. is there an app that download google chrome bookmarks automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there an app that download google chrome bookmarks automatically?: i really like to read articles, but my stupid connection go down on a regular(third world problems LOL) so i there an app/chome extension that download full wab pages every time i save them as a bookmark ps: i really don't know if this is the right sub for this question,...
  5. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. The current version may have been compromised. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the...
  6. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the bookmarks. If someone has had this problem here, I hope...
  7. Moving Google Chrome bookmarks to a thumb drive.

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Google Chrome bookmarks to a thumb drive.: I have a crashed Windows 10 HDD that is connected as a slave on a good working PC. I want to transfer my Chrome Bookmarks from my bad HDD to a thumb drive. Thank you in advance for your help. 131252
  8. bookmarks in win 10 google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bookmarks in win 10 google chrome: Is there any way of retrieving bookmarks lost about a month ago? Please answer in the simplest manner possible as my tech knowledge is very limited. Thank you....
  9. Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Bookmarks: After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ... Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I...
  10. Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows: How to: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows How to Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar...