Windows 10: Delete all emails in the Mail App

Discus and support Delete all emails in the Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to delete all emails in my Mail App account inbox? I can't seem to find a 'select all' button anywhere. Thank you. 106142 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Mar 14, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Delete all emails in the Mail App

Is there a way to delete all emails in my Mail App account inbox? I can't seem to find a 'select all' button anywhere.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Mar 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mail App - can I delete email from app but leave on server?

Windows 10 Mail App - can I delete email from app but leave on server?

I want to view all my email from multiple accounts in my Mail app but I want to delete some from the Mail app but not from the account where the email was pulled from. Can I clean up (remove excess) my Mail app view but retain any deleted email on the original
    email account server?

AngelaWiggins Personal, Mar 14, 2018
  3. deleted items folder, deleting emails?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

-Please verify to where do you access your account. Is it through web mail or Mail client?

We do not have an option to empty the deleted mail folder in the Mail App. But, instead we can instantly delete all the mail from the deleted folder by selecting all the deleted emails and then deleting them permanently.

A. Open the Mail App and click on “Deleted”.

B. Click on the first mail in the folder and press “Ctrl” + “A” keys on the keyboard to select all the emails in the folder.

C. Click on “Delete” icon on the right side of the window.

Now, all the emails in the deleted folder will be deleted.

Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 14, 2018
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Hmm. My first attempt to reply seems to have lost itself so I will try again.

Thank you very much.

I did as you suggested but did not get a choice to move them to trash. Just the three shown in my screen shot below.

Delete all emails in the Mail App [​IMG]

Have you any other thoughts?

JJG10, Mar 14, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem. You will need to right click on the actual "Inbox" folder for the account instead.

Brink, Mar 15, 2018
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Same result.

I have removed all of the other accounts and now have only one. Right clicking on its Inbox resulted in the only 3 entries as shown in my screenshot.

Go figure!

JJG10, Mar 15, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok. Are you able to use Option Two in the same tutorial to select (check) the top box to select all messages, then click on Delete?

Brink, Mar 15, 2018
  9. Helmut Win User
    Only some of the Folders have the Right Click Empty Folder option.

As in many applications.
    Click first message, scroll to last Shift + click, then Delete. They will of course go in to the Deleted Items Folder.

Alternative.
    Use check boxes, Icon shown top right of post #3 tick Folder, then Delete.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete all emails in the Mail App - Similar Threads - Delete emails Mail

2. does deleting email on mail app delete it on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does deleting email on mail app delete it on other devices: Does deleting messages on the Windows Mail App delete it from my phones or other computers or tablets? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-deleting-email-on-mail-app-delete-it-on-other/9cc1eaa4-34d9-4e94-ab13-75a24bb56e7b
  3. does deleting email on mail app delete it on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does deleting email on mail app delete it on other devices: Does deleting messages on the Windows Mail App delete it from my phones or other computers or tablets? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-deleting-email-on-mail-app-delete-it-on-other/9cc1eaa4-34d9-4e94-ab13-75a24bb56e7b
  4. windows mail deleted all non-hotmail email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail deleted all non-hotmail email accounts: Hi, I use microsoft mail to access my 14 emails accounts, including 2 hotmail accounts. This morning, I opened mail and realized that 12 of my email accounts were deleted from microsoft mail. only the 2 hotmail accounts were still present and working. Is microsoft...
  5. Windows Mail deleted an email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail deleted an email: I click on the notification that I got an email. I see the email and click the link on the email. It opens Edge Browser and I come back like 2 minutes later and the email is gone. I can't find it at all, not in the trash, not in draft, not in outbox, not in anything. Phone...
  6. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  7. Emails being deleted from Mail App

Emails being deleted from Mail App: Hi I cannot seam to save emails in folders on the email app, they are deleted when I delete them from the email providers webmail site. I need to delete them from the webmail site in order to free up space to continue to receive emails. The email provider has tried but is...
  8. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...
  9. How do I Select All and delete all emails at once in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I Select All and delete all emails at once in Mail app?: I have one question, Brink. How do I Select All emails at once, and delete all emails at once? 10383
  10. Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...