Windows 10: delete an old network

Discus and support delete an old network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mazetta crawford, Jul 13, 2018.

1. delete an old network

I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it

:)

mazetta crawford, Jul 13, 2018

2. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 13, 2018
  3. MrChris Win User
    How to delete old network interfaces?

So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade).

I've had a look using NetworkInterfaceView (NetworkInterfacesView - show network adapters/interfaces information), and I see a number of old (disabled but not deleted) network interfaces:

delete an old network [​IMG]

However I can't find any way to delete these old interfaces; I've uninstalled HyperV and rebooted - still there.
    I tried registry hacking but made a mess and had to restore from a backup (the listing was gone, but the CLSID was used elsewhere I guess and it's still causing issues).

So; any ideas?

MrChris, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

delete an old network

Delete saved Ethernet Networks

Hello,

To delete unwanted network profiles, we can try doing it from the Control Panel first. Here are the steps:

• Search for Control Panel using the Cortana search box.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel windows, type network.
    • Under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
    • Right click on the unwanted network from the list on this window and select Delete.
    • Once done deleting all the unwanted network connections, restart your PC.
    Make sure that you are running the PC as the administrator before proceeding with the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

delete an old network

1. delete an old network - Similar Threads - delete old network

2. delete old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete old account: I have 2 accounts on my Windows 10 PC. One's an old one based on a now-deleted email address. I need to get rid of that account so my new one, with my current email address, works properly...
  3. Deleting old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old emails: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them. email - Hotmail Please advise me how to do it Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-emails/f87a0ebd-538f-44f3-b0c2-fe64d901dd15
  4. Deleting old emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old emails: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them. email - Hotmail Please advise me how to do it Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-emails/f87a0ebd-538f-44f3-b0c2-fe64d901dd15
  5. Delete old windows

Delete old windows: I just upgraded to SSD and installed fresh windows in it. Nowhow can I delete the old windows installed on my HDD? Will just deleting the windows folder in the drive do the job or is there any workaround?...
  6. Deleting old network connections/profiles and changing the name back?

Deleting old network connections/profiles and changing the name back?: So I have for example "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2" or "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #3 in my Network adapters list in device manager. Also Microsoft Wi-FI direct Virtual Adapter #2. This makes me crazy and i want to learn how to properly arrest it...
  7. How to delete old share from showing up in network

How to delete old share from showing up in network: I am not sure where to ask this question so, if my question is in the wrong place, I trust that someone will transfer it to the correct section. I am using Windows 10 Pro v. 1703. I recently replaced a hard drive in a networked windows 10 pc. This drive was not the system...
  8. delete windows old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete windows old: how do I delete windows old from my Toshiba tablet it keep saying I need administratorpermmisn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/delete-windows-old/a4c97ee1-eb22-40b8-8980-5140d8613ce7"
  9. delete old email

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete old email: I know longer use this email, dcummings @centurytel.net how do delete it ? I use google now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-old-email/e05375b7-dc9d-4155-9c63-0da02552a414
  10. How to delete old network interfaces?

How to delete old network interfaces?: So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade). I've...