Windows 10: Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

Discus and support Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to delete these system folders. I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ColMac, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ColMac Win User

Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

Is there any way to delete these system folders.

I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created.

Thanks

:)

ColMac, Jul 23, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 23, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 :)

musum, Jul 23, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Why do you feel the need to delete them? Just ignore them as deleting system folders can be problematic although it seems win 10 has a way of defeating the deleters!

5. ColMac Win User
    Purely because they annoy me!!!

One of my personal hates is software that decides where it will save things and mess up my nicely organised file & folder structure, giving me no option to edit! Not exactly a major issue, but it irritates me!

ColMac, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Hide them.

Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 24, 2015
  7. ColMac Win User
    Not a bad idea. Didn't think of that! However, I note that you have Windows set to show "Hidden Files " as I do, and it seems that defeats the whole purpose.

It also doesn't seem to hide them in Libraries or in the listing under "User"

Ta anyway!

Colin

ColMac, Jul 24, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

I suppose you could navigate to C:\Users\[your moniker]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries and delete the two libraries in question and the pertaining folders in other locations, but, they'll probably reappear after a restart.

Edwin, Jul 24, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Try uninstalling the Camera app if you haven't yet, then the folders. But if you need use it, these folder will be recreated everytime.

Cliff S, Jul 24, 2015
  10. Show Libraries in the navigation pane of File Explorer
    Right click the library you don't want, and select delete from the context menu.

I delete both Libraries you mentioned - Onedrive has a folder for Camera Roll - I don't really want it indexed in a Library. Photos app probably uses the Saved Pictures - not sure, but I exercise that Library from my system as well.

I think if the Photos app needs a saved pictures folder AND a library for it, then that folder should just be included in Pictures. Just my take on it though.

I just checked to make sure the libraries were not recreated on my system and they are not, but you mentioned deleting folders.
    Where are the folders located on your system - you might not be able to get rid of the Camera Roll folder- Onedrive might 'require' it and recreate it. I'll have to check OneDrive to see if you can 'opt-out' of Camera Roll, but there was a time that MS gave you extra 15 GB of Cloud Storage if you opted in.

Slartybart, Jul 24, 2015
  11. Yep exactly same situation here. Don't want them and no matter what I do they keep coming back. Make sense they relate to OneDrive and Photos app.

Have left a question here Permanently delete Saved Pictures Camera Roll Folders - Microsoft Community but as per norm the 'support' don't seem to know what you're talking about.
    @

MrJamesMoore, Aug 9, 2015
  12. chuxnz Win User
    I had the same issue.
    I opened OneDrive and deleted the Camera Roll folder under photos.
    Seems to have resolved issue on Win 10 Libraries

chuxnz, Aug 10, 2015
  13. chuxnz Win User

That should be "Pictures" not "Photos"

Paul

chuxnz, Aug 10, 2015
  14. algonkin Win User
    Not sure if you got your answer but I found a way. The Photos application is built in and this is what re-installs those two folders. I don't use it so I deleted the application. To do so, follow this link and you'll have all the info you needed.

How to Uninstall Windows 10s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

P.S. I subscribed to this forum so I could share the knowledge.
    All the best!

algonkin, Oct 27, 2015
  15. lpcysmi Win User
    still no real PERMANENT solution for this annoyance?

lpcysmi, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10 - Similar Threads - Delete Camera Roll

2. Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly: I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. Normally, photos that I take with my phone are uploaded to OneDrive and are automatically sorted into files based on month under the Camera Roll folder. However, that function is not working properly. If I go to the OneDrive app on my...
  3. Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly: I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. Normally, photos that I take with my phone are uploaded to OneDrive and are automatically sorted into files based on month under the Camera Roll folder. However, that function is not working properly. If I go to the OneDrive app on my...
  4. windows camera will not save pictures

windows camera will not save pictures: The camera app on my Windows 11 Pro v 22.h2 computer will not save pictures. If I try to save a shot, I get a 0xA00F425F error. I searched for how to fix the problem, and everyone talks about going to settings in the camera app, choosing "related settings" and then changing...
  5. Multiple Videos not saved to camera roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Videos not saved to camera roll: I took 3 8-minute videos on a Dell Latitude 3380 with Windows 10 on the camera app. They did not show up in the photos app at first because the photo app was having problems. They were present in the camera roll folder, however. After closing the computer, it completely...
  6. Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder

in Windows 10 News
    Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder: [ATTACH]By default, Photos and videos captured via the built-in camera of Windows 10 devices […] This article Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. "Camera roll" and "Saved pictures" folders repeatedly create themselves on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Camera roll" and "Saved pictures" folders repeatedly create themselves on my desktop: Every so often, two empty folders appear mysteriously on my Windows 10 desktop. They call themselves "Camera roll" and "Saved pictures". Each time I delete them, but before long they re-create themselves. What on earth is going on?...
  8. How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures: I need to delete my camera pics that I took on my webcam. I am not a computer whiz and need a SIMPLE procedure! They are not on the camera roll under the Pictures icon. I saw several posts on this and don't understand why Microsoft makes deleting a bad picture SO...
  9. A way to remove 'Camera Roll' & 'Saved Pictures'

A way to remove 'Camera Roll' & 'Saved Pictures': I found it annoying when I found a library that I don't need. It looks un-aesthetically pleasing and ruin my library. I visit my library often so it's quite disturbing to find an unwanted useless library. If I delete it, it will probably come back on the next restart. I know...
  10. Libraries "Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" keep resurrecting!

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries "Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" keep resurrecting!: The library entries just wont stay the way I leave them. I have just arranged my libraries and deleted the two mentioned folders, then they appeared againd and made a mess of my tasbar... *Sad This is a serious problem because of how I use the library folder structure on the...