Windows 10: Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

Discus and support Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

How to: Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

How to Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience better by letting sites remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain sites. Cookies can also help a website remember your location, so it can provide you with locally relevant content, like weather. However, some cookies might put your privacy at risk by tracking sites that you visit.

This tutorial will show you how to delete cookies in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Delete Google Chrome Cookies in Content Settings
    • Option Two: To Delete Google Chrome Cookies using Clear Browsing Data

OPTION ONE [/i] To Delete Google Chrome Cookies in Content Settings
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows [​IMG]
    . button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also enter chrome://settings/siteData into the address bar of Chrome, press Enter to directly open to the All cookies and site data settings, and go to step 7 below.

3. Click/tap on the Advanced link at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Content settings in the Privacy and security section. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Cookies. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on the See all cookies and site data link. (see screenshot below)

7. Do step 8 (delete all cookies from all sites), step 9 (delete all cookies from specific sites), or step 10 (delete specific cookie(s) from specific sites) below for what you want to do.

8. To Delete All Cookies from All Sites in Chrome
    A) Click/tap on the Remove all link at the top right, and go to step 11 below. (see screenshot below)

9. To Delete All Cookies from Specific Sites in Chrome
    A) Click/tap on the Remove (trash can) button to the right of the site you want to delete all cookies from. (see screenshot below)

B) Repeat for any other site you want to delete all cookies from.

C) When finished, go to step 11 below.

10. To Delete Specific Cookies from Specific Sites in Chrome
    A) Click/tap on the arrow to the right of the site you want to delete specific cookies from. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on X for any cookie you want to delete from this site. (see screenshot below)

*note Clicking on the drop arrow of a cookie will show you all of its details. You can click/tap on Remove All to delete all cookies from this site.

C) Repeat for any other specific cookies from sites you want to delete.

D) When finished go to step 11 below.

11. When finished, you can close the Settings tab if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Delete Google Chrome Cookies using Clear Browsing Data
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome
    . button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the address bar of Chrome, press Enter to directly open to Clear browsing data, and go to step 5 below.

3. Click/tap on the Advanced link at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Clear browsing data in the Privacy and security section. (see screenshot below)

5. In the Time range drop down, select the time period you want to start deleting cookies from. (see screenshot below step 6)

*note To delete all cookies, you would select All time.

6. Check the Cookies and other site data box, uncheck any items you do not want to delete, and click/tap on the CLEAR DATA button.

7. You can now close the Settings tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 4, 2017
  2. Brink Win User

Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows  

Hello pps, *Smile

I suppose you could allow all cookies in Google Chrome, clear your cookies, go the site, and check your cookies history afterwards using Option One below to see what cookies were added.

*Arrow Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

Hi Brink,
    Yes, cookies resemble items found in SpywareBlaster. I have exercised the #$%^ out of SpywareBlaster to get rid of Chrome Blocked cookies. I posted over on Chrome Help Forum asking whether they're Chrome default.
    No joy.
    I created Person 2 to see if they're in new user (presume) default profile. They're there.

They're not hurting anything, as far as I know.
    I'm just Chrome newbie curious how cookies came to be listed as Blocked.

Thanks
    Regards w Respect

5. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows - Similar Threads - Delete Cookies Google

2. Google Chrome cookies and password after last windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome cookies and password after last windows 10 update: Hello,I am very frustrated because I lost all my bookmarks, my saved passwords from Google Chrome during this update.Is this a known bug? Is this a new way to convince us to use Edge ?!...
  3. Temporarily rolling back SameSite Cookie Changes in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Temporarily rolling back SameSite Cookie Changes in Google Chrome: With the stable release of Chrome 80 in February, Chrome began enforcing secure-by-default handling of third-party cookies as part of our ongoing effort to improve privacy and security across the web. We’ve been gradually rolling out this change since February and...
  4. Google Chrome 80 SameSite Cookie Changes on February 4, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 80 SameSite Cookie Changes on February 4, 2020: With the stable release of Chrome 80 this month, Chrome will begin enforcing a new secure-by-default cookie classification system, treating cookies that have no declared SameSite value as SameSite=Lax cookies. Only cookies set as SameSite=None; Secure will be available in...
  5. delete cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete cookies: How do I delete cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-cookies/251e5416-7e30-471b-af19-9f5d198b0c51
  6. We've detected a problem with your cookie settings (Google Chrome)

in Browsers and Email
    We've detected a problem with your cookie settings (Google Chrome): I'm getting very frustrated with something Google Chrome changed some months ago. I normally block 3rd party cookies, enabling temporarily only on occasion when the need calls for it. I can't stand cookie bloat and keep a white-list extension running and I've also got...
  7. Chrome cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome cookies: How do you import and export cookies in Chrome? 45206
  8. Privacy, Allowing - using Google Cookies with Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy, Allowing - using Google Cookies with Chrome on Windows 10: I need to ask what others are doing about allowing Microsoft Cookies use with Windows 10. I mostly use Google Chrome (for many years) as my browser and I have always had a problem with settings in being able allow cookies when using Chrome. I am not afraid of allowing MS...
  9. Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows How to Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...