Windows 10: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by JJG10, Mar 14, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

You can delete old or unimportant email messages to keep your inbox clean, organized, and recover storage space.

This tutorial will show you how to empty folders and delete email messages in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Delete Single Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app
    • Option Two: To Delete Selected Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app
    • Option Three: To Empty Folder in Windows 10 Mail app

OPTION ONE [/i] To Delete Single Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. While looking at your email messages in your Inbox, Drafts, Sent, or Junk folders, either click/tap on the delete icon for an email or select an email and press the Delete key to send the email message(s) to your Trash folder. (see screenshot below)

*tip You can press and hold the Delete key to quickly delete all email messages in a folder.

Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

3. While looking at your deleted email messages in your Trash folder, either click/tap on the delete icon
    for an email or select an email and press the Delete key to permanently delete it. (see screenshot below)

*tip You can press and hold the Delete key to quickly permanently delete all email messages in this folder.

*tip If you deleted an email message by mistake, then you can click/tap on the red undo button at the bottom to restore only the last deleted email message.

If you open another folder in the Mail app or close the Mail app, you will no longer be able to undo the last action.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Delete Selected Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Open the folder (ex: "Deleted Items") you want to delete email messages in. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the "Enter selection mode" button, check the messages you want to delete, and click/tap on the Delete button.

*note You can check the top box above the messages to select all messages in the folder.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Empty Folder in Windows 10 Mail app

*note If your email server is configured to allow you to empty the Junk or Trash folder, it will permanently delete all email messages and subfolders in the folder.

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Right click or press and hold on either the Junk or Trash folder for which one you want to empty, and click/tap on Empty folder. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

JJG10, Mar 14, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Win 10 Mail - does it delete messages from the servers?

Hi Tom,

Depending on your email configuration, your emails may or may not be deleted from the server if you delete it from the Windows 10 Mail app. If you're using a POP3 account, this will let you download messages from your server to your email client. Deleting emails
    on Windows 10 Mail should not reflect on your server with this account type.

IMAP accounts sync your email client with the server. If a message is deleted from the Windows 10 Mail app and starts to sync with your server, that same message will be deleted from the server.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Mar 14, 2018
  3. not able to delete multiple emails at one time.

Hello Bill,

If you mean for the "Mail" app in Windows 10, then the tutorial below can show you a few options to delete email messages that may help.

Shawn Brink, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

No problem. You will need to right click on the actual "Inbox" folder for the account instead.

Brink, Mar 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Delete Email Messages

2. Windows Mail deleted an email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail deleted an email: I click on the notification that I got an email. I see the email and click the link on the email. It opens Edge Browser and I come back like 2 minutes later and the email is gone. I can't find it at all, not in the trash, not in draft, not in outbox, not in anything. Phone...
  3. Mail App - Windows 10 - Auto Deletes Sent eMails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App - Windows 10 - Auto Deletes Sent eMails: Hello, I have been facing an issue with the Windows 10 Mail app linked to a google account. I have noticed that when I respond to emails, the email I send disappears and cannot be found in sent items, outbox, bin, spam, or anywhere actually. The disappeared email cannot be...
  4. How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use an email account in the Mail app, you can remove it from there. You can follow this step […] This post How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Emails being deleted from Mail App

Emails being deleted from Mail App: Hi I cannot seam to save emails in folders on the email app, they are deleted when I delete them from the email providers webmail site. I need to delete them from the webmail site in order to free up space to continue to receive emails. The email provider has tried but is...
  6. Windows 10 mail deleting emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail deleting emails: I am receiving the same emails in the same accounts on 4 devices -- 2 cell phones, a Surface and an HP desktop. Often it appears that deleting emails from one device also deletes them on others. Can this be, and how do I prevent it?...
  7. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...
  8. Delete all emails in the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Delete all emails in the Mail App: Is there a way to delete all emails in my Mail App account inbox? I can't seem to find a 'select all' button anywhere. Thank you. 106142
  9. Windows 10 Mail App deleting emails in my Gmail Inbox

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App deleting emails in my Gmail Inbox: When I delete an email received in my Win 10 Mail App inbox, the same email is also deleted in my Gmail inbox, automatically. I would like to prevent this. Emails deleted from my Mail App should be left behind in my Gmail inbox. Could I prevent this deletion from happening by...
  10. Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most....