Windows 10: Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

Discus and support Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a system that started life with a fresh Windows 10 64-bit preview build installed on a blank drive with only one partition. This was later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Andreas, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

I have a system that started life with a fresh Windows 10 64-bit preview build installed on a blank drive with only one partition. This was later upgraded (using the "not keep any data" option) to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit release. The system drive now has a "Recovery" folder in the root with permissions restricting access to it plus a "$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER" file also in the root. When I check the partitions on my drive I find that I have two Recovery partitions and that WindowsRE is configured for the latest recovery partition as shown by the following CLI dump (important information in blue).

Code: DISKPART> select disk 0 Disk 0 is now the selected disk. DISKPART> list partition Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 300 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 100 MB 301 MB Partition 3 Reserved 128 MB 401 MB Partition 4 Primary 930 GB 529 MB Partition 5 Recovery 450 MB 931 GB DISKPART> exit Leaving DiskPart... C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition5\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0 REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.[/quote]
    My question is this: Is it safe to remove any of the following: Partition 1, Recovery folder, Recovery marker?

:)

Mr Andreas, Jun 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 install on clean drive created tiny partition with drive letter D

Unless you've partitioned otherwise, C is usually the drive where the Operating System is installed by Default in Windows. D is usually the Recovery Drive, E is usually the DVD drive and F is usually the Flash Drive

If you wish to reclaim space, you may create Recovery DVD or USB and delete the Recovery Image Partition.

Related Thread:

Can't delete extra
    "Healthy (Recovery Partition)"s and "Healthy (EFI System Partition)"

Smittychat., Jun 8, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Remove DBR_BOOT folder from flash drive & hard drive

Dell Support might be a good place to contact to, they might have a better idea of what is going on?

I can't say what might happen if you ever do delete this DBR_BOOT (N) . Is it causing you any real inconvenience?

Can't delete extra "Healthy (Recovery Partition)"s and "Healthy (EFI System Partition)"

Can't delete extra "Healthy (Recovery Partition)"s and "Healthy (EFI System Partition)"

Linney, Jun 8, 2016
Thema:

Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

1. Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker? - Similar Threads - Delete extra recovery

2. Folder markers Windows improvement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder markers Windows improvement?: A visual capability to indicate whether folders are empty or not would be greatly appreciated.Besides having to look up the folder size, if there was a visual indicator like with Cloud folders that indicate whether the folder is synced or not it would make our company's file...
  3. Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.: After installing/trying multiple distros I have a lot of EFI/Recovery partitions in my Drive, I want to delete all but the windows one as I looking to clean/organize my drive. submitted by /u/ArVtheBest [link] [comments]...
  4. Is the Folder Marker software safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Folder Marker software safe?: I like to subdivide the shit out of my document folders and Windows doesn't have many options for customizing folders' appearance (like different colors). I read about Folder Marker and it seems to suit my needs, but I can't find many reviews. Does anyone know if it's safe?...
  5. Extra partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extra partitions: I have upgraded Windows 10 multiple times from previous builds to current 1903. I see multiple hidden partitions have been created over the upgrades, and read that most of these are Recovery partitions. I know the first 450 MB one is the one created during the first...
  6. delete recovery partition

delete recovery partition: delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/delete-recovery-partition/14446a8a-df85-41a2-b0aa-05686c1185d6
  7. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...
  8. Extra Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Partition: I think I have an extra partition. Can I remove it? [img] The 500MB is the recovery partition from my Win 10 UPGRADE install, BUT now it's marked as a primary partition. Because I reinstalled Win 10 through Windows, not clean install, and got the 450MB partition which...
  9. Deleted Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Recovery Partition: I have an HP laptop that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 weeks ago and tonight I accidentally reformatted my D: drive recovery partition. I have recovery media on a USB pen drive that I made back when I first set up my computer. Has Windows 10 changed...
  10. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy recovery partition" 449 MB D: 909 GB How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at least one, if the other is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant Delete C:\System Recovery extra Folder

2. how to delete unerasable folder