Windows 10: Delete Junk Files

Discus and support Delete Junk Files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, While running "Revo Uninstaller", in 'Tools' found 'Junk files cleaner', ran it and found so many (1.5 GB), some of them are more then a year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, May 9, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Delete Junk Files

Hello,
    While running "Revo Uninstaller", in 'Tools' found 'Junk files cleaner', ran it and found so many (1.5 GB), some of them are more then a year old, all of them are "*.tmp" files.
    Location of these files is :"C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\*.tmp"
    Note: "CCleaner" found the same.
    Is it safe to "clean" them ?, lot of space will be saved.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, May 9, 2017

2. How to mass delete junk files in win 10

How do I delete junk files in email in win 10.

Accessing email via mail account in tiles. How do I select junk files, all, delete in Win 10. This feature, located in 8 and 8.1,etc., doesn't appear possible in win 10. Now, I have to delete each junk item one at a time, and that's time consuming, as my
    junk file gets pretty loaded, fast. Thanks, Jim S.

JimShaneman, May 9, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    Junk Files

Most of the junk files you mentioned belong to the browser. You can delete browser junk by going to browser settings and seleting history.

Uninstalling an app will clear the junk files for that app.

CJLim, May 9, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Delete Junk Files

I always delete the *.tmp files, usually by holding down the Windows key while pressing R then typing %temp% in the dialog box then I Select all the files and Delete. A few won't delete as they are in use. Then after the next restart/reboot/startup I empty the Recycle Bin.

Berton, May 9, 2017
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    I clean them out all the time, mainly using CCleaner. You should also make image backups when your Windows is running good. Just for insurance. *Smile Macrium Reflect is the Best Free backup app around too. Revo is also Very good. You should be just fine.

OldMike65, May 9, 2017
  6. Yes its safe to get rid of them.

indianacarnie, May 9, 2017
  7. Motim Win User
    Hello and Thanks,
    Make the image backup after the cleaning ?
    If I make the backup before, then if I use it, all the 'junk' will be back.
    Thanks

Motim, May 9, 2017
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Delete Junk Files

Yes after cleaning .....*Smile

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Delete Junk Files

1. Delete Junk Files - Similar Threads - Delete Junk Files

2. Junk files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Junk files: Have 8.1 and very slow. Need to delete junk files, etc., but there's a warning not to click on "disk cleaner". Must have a free tool. I need advice for what I do now? Keep in mind that I'm not very techy. Thanks....
  3. Junk files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk files: Have 8.1 and very slow. Need to delete junk files, etc., but there's a warning not to click on "disk cleaner". Must have a free tool. I need advice for what I do now? Keep in mind that I'm not very techy. Thanks....
  4. Can't delete junk files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete junk files.: I'm using an MSI computer. I was writing an awesome and super-long document. I accidentally saved it as a .html file. I want to delete this file but I don't see a delete button. I tried dragging the file to the Recycle Bin, but I couldn't because a prohibitory symbol...
  5. Can't delete junk files.

Can't delete junk files.: I'm using an MSI computer. I was writing an awesome and super-long document. I accidentally saved it as a .html file. I want to delete this file but I don't see a delete button. I tried dragging the file to the Recycle Bin, but I couldn't because a prohibitory symbol...
  6. Can't delete junk files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Junk files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Junk files: Why these files are on my laptop? I don't even have any software of adobe installed. not even adobe reader. is it safe to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-files/8833adc4-0d3c-491b-9abe-3fcd05484fd8
  8. Junk files

Junk files: Why these files are on my laptop? I don't even have any software of adobe installed. not even adobe reader. is it safe to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-files/8833adc4-0d3c-491b-9abe-3fcd05484fd8
  9. Junk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. junk file

in Windows 10 Support
    junk file: I have an email account with g mail also with outlook now in outlook when i finished with mail it goes to my junk folder , but i have no junk folder on gmail is this o k 99243