Windows 10: Delete key erratic behaviour

Discus and support Delete key erratic behaviour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am embarrassed to bring this up because win 10 is such an incredible and smooth experience with all the cortona stuff and your applications getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by foxhound1978, May 9, 2016.

1. Delete key erratic behaviour

I am embarrassed to bring this up because win 10 is such an incredible and smooth experience with all the cortona stuff and your applications getting blocked by windows for your protection. I was on a night shift all alone and i was sort of half conscious installing my apps on a core i5 desktop when i suddenly noticed pressing "delete key" is not actually deleting anything but rather invokes the search window. This is totaly paralysing and i don't remeber how it happened. Can anybody help me how to remove this shortcut? Or maybe it's a virus?

:)

foxhound1978, May 9, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

What alternatives are there to Windows 10 File Explorer?

erratic
    mouse behaviour

Tryx3, May 9, 2016
  3. N8 Anna Email erratic behavior

you are certainly not the only one experiencing erratic behaviour since Anna

flagpole---01, May 9, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

Delete key erratic behaviour

Try System Restore if you have it turned on.

TrustMe, May 9, 2016
  5. Resotre how? Is this really the best option? Isn't there a direct way to change hotkeys in win10?

foxhound1978, May 9, 2016
  6. TrustMe Win User
    System Restore is a feature of Windows. If something bad happens to your computer like a virus or a hot key gets changed, you just pick a date to before the bad thing that happen. Windows will return your computer to to date you picked. It is an easy way to restore your computer to before the hot key got changed. It must be turned on by the use though. Unfortunately, Windows 10 comes with System Restore turned off by default.

If you did not turn on System Restore before the hot key got changed then you will not be able to use this feature. Just do a Google search of System Restore and there will be tons of articles about it.

Here is a guide on how to do a system restore.

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

One last thing. If you do a system restore and Windows installed updates after the date you picked, then you will have to install the updates again. Same thing with programs. If you installed any program after the date you picked, you will have to install the program again.

Sorry, but I don't know how to change the hot key back.

TrustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Delete key erratic behaviour

1. Delete key erratic behaviour - Similar Threads - Delete key erratic

2. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  3. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  4. Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Cortana
    Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it gets the job done and sometimes it does not. One example of problem: https://streamable.com/c5tlkq I turn on my laptop, press Win,...
  5. Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour: All or any of the following situations can happened when I try to put my computer either in sleep or hibernate mode. The computer seldom enters and stays in sleeping or hibernate mode until I awake it; The computer enters in sleeping or hibernate, stays for from a few...
  6. Erratic behavior of key combinations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic behavior of key combinations: Hello, I am making a custom keyboard layout with MSKLC 1.4 and I've come across some problems. First of all, the keyboard layout works fine in the testing window, but some keys work, some don't anywhere else, mainly dead keys combinations. If this can be solved, I'll...
  7. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour: I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc. I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it...
  8. Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour: Rather than add to the very long discussion threads on the subject of Windows Spotlight, I'm starting another to ask others whether they are experiencing Spotlight behaving erratically of late. Following problems some time ago with Spotlight not downloading and showing new...
  9. Wireless mouse erratic behaviour after the latest update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse erratic behaviour after the latest update.: My wireless mouse is jumping the lines and goes back from its position and skips lines on its own.This is something new that I am experiencing after the latest window update on my new Dell laptop with windows 10 in built....
  10. Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...

in Windows 10 Support
    Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...: I have set my computer to go into standby after 30 minutes of inactivity (battery) or 45 minutes (power), but it is going into standby after 2 or 3 minutes. The screensaver is set to start after 30 minutes. I think I've double-checked every possibile option. I recently had...