Windows 10: Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up

Discus and support Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently messed up a previous Win10 installation and had to use gparted (kept saying the drive was locked when I tried to use Recovery CD) to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Big2hd, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Big2hd Win User

Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up

Hi, I recently messed up a previous Win10 installation and had to use gparted (kept saying the drive was locked when I tried to use Recovery CD) to delete partition and start from scratch. Everything installed fine like before but now when I start up or restart laptop I get the option to boot either Windows 10(previous install) or Windows 10 on volume 2(new working install).

How do I get rid of that previous install option so i can go straight to boot up?

:)

Big2hd, Oct 15, 2015
  2. Jshubham Win User

"Restoring your previous version of Windows" error

I had finished downloading Windows 10 from the Get Windows 10 app. I started to install it. The installation starts and my PC boot up. And it starts installing Windows 10. But after crossing 25%, my PC boots up for 2 to 3 times and gives a message "Restoring
    your previous version of Windows". It gets back to Windows 8.1 Pro. Please find the solution for this issue ASAP.

Thank You

Jshubham, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 15, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

*Start +R, type msconfig and delete the old boot menu entry (on the boot tab)

5. Gary Win User
    You can try to boot with a boot cd and in the CMD prompt enter:
    BootRec /FixBoot
    BootRec /FixMbr
    and if you have to:
    BootRec /RebuildBCD

6. Big2hd Win User
    There was only one option there

Did all no go *Sad

Big2hd, Oct 15, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    What does this option to choose look like? Is it a Windows screen or some other bootloader? If it is Windows there should be multiple entries in msconfig.

If you've got a camera perhaps you could post a picture where it gives you the OS choice and a picture of disk management screen as well (with the status column spread out so all info can be read like below).

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up [​IMG]

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Install EasyBCD (it's free, you don't have to register - on the registration screen, just click download). The second button down on the left will be edit boot menu. You can delete extra entries there.

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Big2hd Win User
    Sweet! It boots up automatically into the Old school windows boot manager(black and white usually shows up if you're dual booting) now but it looks like the EasyBCD got rid of the old one *Smile . Do I need to fix mbr to stop this?

Big2hd, Oct 15, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Go back to the edit menu screen on EasyBCD and in the options on the bottom there should be an option to not require the user to pick an OS - or set the delay to 0. Also, I'll have to look, but there is a thread on this forum somewhere of how to issue a bcdedit command to enable F8 again, which I think is a necessity.

Found it, from elevated command prompt:

bcdedit /set {current} bootmenupolicy Legacy

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015
  11. Big2hd Win User
    Cool will do, thx again everybody *Smile

Big2hd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up - Similar Threads - Delete Previous Boot

2. Windows start up/ boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start up/ boot: Hey community, my laptop won't startup into windows when powered on. Every time it powers on the HP logo appears briefly and the screen goes black and stays black till turned off. Some startups redirect to the advanced startup/recovery menu, but 9/10 the screen just stays...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot/start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot/start up: This problem literally started out of nowhere. All was fine today until while trying to do something, my Gateway laptop which obviously has Windows 10 just went black. I turned it back on, and the "slide to shut down" appeared and it obviously turned my PC off. Now, when I...
  4. How to delete some item from start up menu for windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete some item from start up menu for windows 10 ?: Hello every one, I use windows 10 64 Bit home edition. I found in the startup menu an unknown program named ' program' and there is no publisher name! I have disabled the program from task manager but I want to completely delete this program from the startup menu. I...
  5. "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10: I've just had this note in my Notifications: [ATTACH] This is the first time I've had this alert. I've checked my Windows C in "This PC" and it show that I have 17.4 GB free of 117 GB. I'd like to ask for advice on the following, please: 1. Am I every likely to need...
  6. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.: [ATTACH] I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do this . My C drive storage is going out of capacity . Anyone please help me with this issue. Suppose if I have done this will...
  7. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.: I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do this . My C drive storage is going out of capacity . Anyone please help me with this issue. Suppose if I have done this will , it...
  8. remove deleted user from start up window

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    remove deleted user from start up window: As administrator, I deleted a local user account from my computer. However, the name still appears on the login screen first, asking for a password. I have to click on it, let it tell me the password is incorrect, before the screen shows all the accounts that I can still sign...
  9. Windows 10 Start/Boot up error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start/Boot up error: I recently ran into an issue whilst turning on my pc, I would get a blue screen then it would restart and attempt an automatic repair, however, this wouldn't/hasn't worked and i would receive the error code "BadSystemConfigInfo" and I have tried different methods found online...
  10. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...