Windows 10: Delete Previous Windows Installation(s)

Discus and support Delete Previous Windows Installation(s) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have eliminate the Previous Windows Installation(s) for have more space on me SSD,but the problem is was show me 30GB will be free,but after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eklipsa, Aug 18, 2015.

1. eklipsa Win User

Delete Previous Windows Installation(s)

I have eliminate the Previous Windows Installation(s) for have more space on me SSD,but the problem is was show me 30GB will be free,but after the action end and finish to clean the C was only whit 10GB more....Any 1 can tell me why have give me only 10 and not 30GB ?
    Sorry for me English.

:)

eklipsa, Aug 18, 2015

2. How to delete windows.old?

I already use Disk cleanup feature to delete 'previous windows instalation(s)' but 'windows. old' folder still there.

Al Banna Izzatul Islam, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Rename OS, Clean up windows.old

In addition, the OS files contain the expected Windows.old folder. I would like to clean this up

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+S and type
    Disk CleanUp. Right click the Best Match at the top of the dropdown menu and select
    Run as Administrator. Click OK. Click the System button, scroll through the list and check the box before
    Previous Windows installation(s) and the boxes before any other files you wish to delete. Click
    OK.

It is important that you only delete Previous Windows installation(s)
    files if you are absolutely certain you will not want to revert to a previous version of Windows in the future. There will be no going back if you delete the files.

Deleting Previous Windows installation(s)
    files will not affect running
    Internet Explorer 11 or Windows Media Player as the Windows Old folder is not part of the current operating system.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 18, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Did you do it from Disk cleanup ? I had to do it twice before it actually cleaned it out. It's at second page of Disk Cleanup under "Clean up system files".

CountMike, Aug 18, 2015
  5. eklipsa Win User
    yes i done it like you say it.I have try to do it for 2 times but ,inthe 2 time dont show any more the Previous Windows Installation(s)

eklipsa, Aug 18, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check your C: disk, there should not be Windows.old folder any more. It was this folder that contained "Old windows installation"

CountMike, Aug 18, 2015
  7. eklipsa Win User
    the question was why i dont have the free space what it show me there.And from what i know Windows.old is eliminate when you delete temporally install update(and this i have delete it after i done whit the Previous Windows Installations.)

eklipsa, Aug 18, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Aug 18, 2015
  9. eklipsa Win User
    eklipsa, Aug 18, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Well, I am not at your computer and don't know what exactly is there, Just look if there are some large leftover folders or files. You can also try using: UnCleaner - Josh Cell Softwares it's very safe cleaner. Gets rid of large Temp. files etc.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Previous Windows Installation(s) - Similar Threads - Delete Previous Installation

2. deleting all other previous windows installations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting all other previous windows installations.: so my pc did something verry weird and i had to re download windows 11 and all of my other files and stuff from my old account remain on my m.2 drive but they are not showing up on the windows home screen what i mean is for example i had steam and a background and now they...
  3. deleting all other previous windows installations.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting all other previous windows installations.: so my pc did something verry weird and i had to re download windows 11 and all of my other files and stuff from my old account remain on my m.2 drive but they are not showing up on the windows home screen what i mean is for example i had steam and a background and now they...
  4. Deleting previous windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting previous windows files: Hi, i have a problem deleting the previous win files.i deleted some files but then doesnt let me delete the rest.it says that i require permission from administrators while im on admin acc...
  5. Deleting previous windows files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting previous windows files: Hi, i have a problem deleting the previous win files.i deleted some files but then doesnt let me delete the rest.it says that i require permission from administrators while im on admin acc...
  6. Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running version 21H2. I was required to set up the device with a Microsoft account. I did so and then converted the account to a local account. In the Store under Library I am able to see previously installed apps.I have ensured the Microsoft...
  7. Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running version 21H2. I was required to set up the device with a Microsoft account. I did so and then converted the account to a local account. In the Store under Library I am able to see previously installed apps.I have ensured the Microsoft...
  8. Is it safe to delete 26 gigabytes of “Previous Windows Installations”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to delete 26 gigabytes of “Previous Windows Installations”: It says i have 26 gigabytes of previous windows updates on my storage, can i delete them and have it not mess up anything on my computer? submitted by /u/JaCrispyMcNuggets [link] [comments]...
  9. Whether previous installation files can be deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whether previous installation files can be deleted: Hi, I bought HP pavillion x360 i3 8th gen laptop recently. Since user memory is pretty limited around 175 GB, I want to get rid of accumulated unnecessary junk files. I found that files under temporary files categorized as files from previous windows installations occupy...
  10. Previous windows installation(s)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previous windows installation(s): I ran Widows disk cleanup and it found 33.7 Gb of previous Windows Installation(s) on my system. Would it be safe to delete ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/34d03b0c-1189-4188-89ab-b75573cc4dd0"