Windows 10: Delete Skype

Discus and support Delete Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have no use for it on this pc - Win 10 home 64 bit - so how I permanently disable or delete Skype - another program I did not ask for but forced on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carrotmuseum, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Delete Skype

I have no use for it on this pc - Win 10 home 64 bit - so how I permanently disable or delete Skype - another program I did not ask for but forced on me by Microsoft. It does not appear in startup or programs

:)

carrotmuseum, Nov 21, 2017
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    Delete Skype [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageDelete Skype :).
    Delete Skype [​IMG]

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Delete Skype [​IMG]

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Nov 21, 2017
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Delete Skype

Hi carrotmuseum.

You should be able to uninstall from "Apps". V1703 or V1709 ... Start > Settings > Apps> scroll to Skype, left click once, left click uninstall.

If this does not remove the Win 10 "App" version of the program you can use this tutorial with Powershell commands to remove. It is well documented in tutorial.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Please bookmark this tutorial or add to favorites. It and the other base apps will likely reappear with the next Feature update. Not sure what what version you are running today, 1607, 1703 or 1709. Lots of machines are in the process of installing 1709. To find your version.

Windows key + R, type winver, enter

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 21, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Why do people get obsessed with removing uwp apps in Windows 10. They never say same about crap in Android, or old Wndows stuff like wordpad.

Hell, there is tons of stuff you could remove if you know what you are doing.

If I had £1 for everybody who said "I used powershell to delete xyz, but now I need it and I cannot reinstall it'!

cereberus, Nov 21, 2017
  6. The real question is why do Microsoft put on this CRAP in the first place, slowing down the pc and constantly interrupting work. Make everything options not mandatory. And YES! same goes for Android. Creators Update is a classic, put extra rubbish on that I will never need or use., and f***** up several hardware drivers just to keep me on my toes.

carrotmuseum, Nov 21, 2017
  7. FerchogtX Win User
    Wrong... you need to make your searches over Google, tons of people rooting devices so they are able to remove all the apps they find useless in Android, like Google Maps, Chrome (many people likes Firefox instead), Google Music and many crap.

In my case, I find it easier to just disable the apps I don't use (I have 32 GB in my internal storage, space is not an issue for me), at least Android gives users that option, unlike Windows, in where even built-in apps like Photos cannot be uninstalled (or at least disabled, so you save some space in case you need it) unless you use Powershell... (Personally, I use the Photos App, it's nice and easy to use, but some just don't like it)

By the other hand, there are people with small SSDs that just need to free up space for more important stuff... (Again, is not my case, I just uninstall what I don't use, but I even have the Twitter app, works wonders, and a 1TB HDD is quite enough for me)

Just matter of tastes, I guess...

FerchogtX, Nov 22, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Delete Skype

You just uninstall the App, Right click uninstall.

I just leave it in All Programs, switch it off in Background Apps, and switch off Live Tile, it does not take resources.
    There about 60 in Background Apps all are off except the ones actually used, likewise with Live Tiles.

It is just user choice, whilst you may not like any of these UWP Apps, there are many who like them and may use Tablets, and others may just use a few.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Delete Skype

1. Delete Skype - Similar Threads - Delete Skype

2. Deleting old 32-bit Skype installed by accident.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old 32-bit Skype installed by accident.: Due to some major hard drive issues I had to factory reset my laptop about two weeks ago. Not realizing Skype comes installed on Windows 10, I installed a 32-bit version of Skype. These files are causing Skype to use a ton of my memory (1.3GB or more at times, even more than...
  3. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  4. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  5. Is it possible to delete Skype profile without losing my Microsoft account?

Is it possible to delete Skype profile without losing my Microsoft account?: I don’t use Skype anymore and I’m trying to get rid of all my social media profiles. But I’m finding it impossible to delete a Skype account without losing my Microsoft account. Basically I still use Office and I have my Xbox One profile tied to my account. And I really...
  6. Is there anyway to delete your Skype profile without deleting your Microsoft Account?

Is there anyway to delete your Skype profile without deleting your Microsoft Account?: I've been deleting social media accounts and since I don't use Skype anymore (use discord like most people), I have been trying to delete my profile but to no avail. Apparently the only way to delete my Skype account is to fully delete my Microsoft account? I don't want to...
  7. How to COMPLETELY delete skype for business?

How to COMPLETELY delete skype for business?: I accidentally clicked on skype for business for the first time and now it won't go away. I don't have a skype account. Whenever I turn on the computer skype for business comes up. Whenever I right click to exit or close it it still comes back whenever I start my computer....
  8. Trying to delete Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete Skype for Business: I have microsoft 10 and Skype for Business auto loads. I tried to unistall but program not listed in control panel. How can I delete since I don't use Skype?...
  9. someone has been deleting my messages from my Skype chats with my other contacts for 3...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone has been deleting my messages from my Skype chats with my other contacts for 3...: Dear Sir/Madam, I have posted this request before, but the problem has not been resolved yet - sorry for the repetition. For the past 3 months someone has been systematically erasing a particular Russian language message that I am posting (and, then re-posting) in my Skype...
  10. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d