Windows 10: Delete Windows 10 $MFT copy created on fast mode shutdown/sleep mode?

Discus and support Delete Windows 10 $MFT copy created on fast mode shutdown/sleep mode? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Problem: NTFS external hdd partition mounted in windows 7 desktop: ok same partition mounted in windows 10 laptop: ok windows 10 laptop went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by accononymous, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Delete Windows 10 $MFT copy created on fast mode shutdown/sleep mode?

Problem:
    NTFS external hdd partition mounted in windows 7 desktop: ok
    same partition mounted in windows 10 laptop: ok

windows 10 laptop went into sleep mode
    I think i removed the usb drive without usb safe removal (either before/after wakeup)

not sure if windows 7 reported a need to repair the disk when I plugged it in then.

reconnect to windows 10:

windows 10 reports "Path is not accessible. ... file or directory is corrupted or not readable"
    can't usb safe remove the drive in windows 10 (reports an unkown error)
    disconnect the usb and connect the drive to windows 7 again
    windows 7 reports partition needs repair
    chkdsk reports only error and correction of Attribut BITMAP of MFT, and Volumebitmap
    still partition is accessible without problem in windows 7

plug into windows 10 again, same as above "path is not accessible ..."

searched a bit and found most interesting:
    "File system interoperability in multiple boot environments. CHKSDSK / AUTOCHK and unexpected NTFS dirty bit"
    File system interoperability in multiple boot environments. CHKSDSK - Microsoft Community

"Windows 8 volume compatibility considerations with prior versions of Windows"
    Windows 8 volume compatibility considerations with prior versions of Windows - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

I had the same problem couple of weeks ago, where running chkdsk on windows 10 corrupted the partition soo much that I had to reformat.

I disabled the fast mode shutdown on windows 10 laptop after that.
    So this time the problem was caused by standby mode I think

Now my understanding of the issue is:
    windows 10 sleep mode / fast mode shutdown will not dismount the external usb drive, but instead make a copy of the $MFT and other metadata

disconnecting the drive from windows 10 - during sleep or without safe usb removal - and connecting it to windows 7 will change the NTFS metadata on the partition.
    reconnecting it to windows 10, metadata copy and partition metadata does not match, so windows reports a corrupted ntfs partition?
    chkdsk on windows 10 actually makes things worse (like the 1st time it happened) and uses outdated metadata to repair a uncorrupted ntfs parition (I read about this in another forum on my research during 1st issues)
    I haven't done a chkdsk on windows 10 though yet, just on windows 7

so the partition is fine, data is fine, on windows 7
    windows 10 reports it corrupted.
    chkdsk on windows 10 will most likely corrrupt the partition (like it did the 1st time)

how can I make windows 10 accept the external hdd partition again?
    some way to clear all windows 10 cached ntfs metadata of the once mounted partition?
    make it like the partition was never plugged in?

if no better answer, solution would be:
    backup partition in windows 7, plugin to windows 10, chkdsk, probably reformat due to corruption, restore data from backup

:)

accononymous, Oct 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep issues

I am terribly facing issues with the shutdown and sleep since windows 10 upgrade. The system won't shutdown completely as it's screen and all lights goes off. But later I can see that the system not fully off as the fan working and the battery drains
    so fast. So now the only way to shutdown system completely is to force Shutdown by pressing shift + power button.

Secondly I am facing issue with the sleep as the system won't wake up from sleep mode. Whenever the system goes to sleep mode then I need to force Shutdown and then switch on the system as normal booting...

I have gone through a lot of websites and YouTube searches to get a better solution. But still the same persists. I am too much irritated because of these and thinking to roll back to Windows 8.1

Pls Help me with solution

SaneemlalThachaparamban, Oct 4, 2017
  3. I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, and now it won't shutdown properly.

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode from power options.

Here is what happens:

• Start menu > Power > Shut down
    • It exits windows and apparently turns off (black screen)
    • The power lights are still on and my computer apparently doesn't shutdown.

Muhammad AleemHashmi, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

Delete Windows 10 $MFT copy created on fast mode shutdown/sleep mode?

1. Delete Windows 10 $MFT copy created on fast mode shutdown/sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Delete $MFT copy

2. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  6. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  7. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. sleep mode and shutdown problems

sleep mode and shutdown problems: My computer takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep mode and to shut down . I think I messed up some drivers while I was trying to fix another problem. What should I do now?...
  9. Shutdown and Sleep Mode

Shutdown and Sleep Mode: Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10 I am having this problem that my power button remains on after I shutdown my laptop. I have unchecked fast startup option in...
  10. "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.: Hello all, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section so please feel free to correct me if I am in the wrong place. I've got a weird issue with my laptop, 50% or so of the times in which I turn it on it shows a screen I can only describe as static. No error messages,...