Windows 10: Delete windows old on windows 10 pro

Discus and support Delete windows old on windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I’m looking forward to receive some guidance. I have tried to delete windows old the simple way . Right click delete it didn’t work. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparklysoul, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Delete windows old on windows 10 pro

Hi I’m looking forward to receive some guidance. I have tried to delete windows old the simple way . Right click delete it didn’t work. I have tried removing with disk clean. It removed almost all except , still remains some folders . What can I do? What steps can i follow? I’m average pc user . I’m not a technician . I can do anything if you guide me step by step in the most descriptive way

:)

sparklysoul, Oct 8, 2017
  2. JDMR Win User

Getting rid of old windows file after knstallimg W10?

After 30 days old windows file are automatically deleted. Mine did not.

Although I am logged on as administrator and can carry out administrative functions such as adding other accounts, I cannot manually delete the folder with the old windows.

Contacting Microsoft windows 10 support says its a Surface Pro problem and Surface Pro support it is a windows 10 problem.

Any thoughts?

JDMR, Oct 8, 2017
  3. amit0223k Win User
    Windows 10 Login Issue

I had a successful upgrade from Windows 7 Pro x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64.

There was a local administrator account which I was used to login in my old Windows 7. I added Microsoft Account and deleted the old user account. After restarting it was prompting me to login to the deleted account and no Microsoft account was visible.

I reset Windows 10 but still its not working. Can anyone please help me to get the issue resolved?

amit0223k, Oct 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Delete windows old on windows 10 pro

Brink, Oct 8, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    I find sometimes some display drivers lock Windows.old and while most things are deleted by disk cleanup a few remain.

In that case (after trying options above) you could try to sign into safe mode.

This is described here: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

And then just delete (right click, delete) it and then empty the trash.

If that doesn't work then you can boot from an installation USB (or Linux) and delete from there but it is more complicated to explain so try the above first.

lx07, Oct 8, 2017
  6. Thank you !! I will check that when I get home !
    Delete windows old on windows 10 pro [​IMG]

Delete windows old on windows 10 pro [​IMG]

sparklysoul, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Delete windows old on windows 10 pro

1. Delete windows old on windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Delete old pro

2. Deleteing an old account on a Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleteing an old account on a Surface Pro: I have tried following MS's instruction to delete an account but when going into Settings, Account it does not give me an option to 'Other Accounts' so I reach dead end. The account I'm trying to delete is a Microsoft account that I do not use now.Any help to prevent me going...
  3. Deleteing an old account on a Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleteing an old account on a Surface Pro: I have tried following MS's instruction to delete an account but when going into Settings, Account it does not give me an option to 'Other Accounts' so I reach dead end. The account I'm trying to delete is a Microsoft account that I do not use now.Any help to prevent me going...
  4. Deleteing an old account on a Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Delete old windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete old windows: I just upgraded to SSD and installed fresh windows in it. Nowhow can I delete the old windows installed on my HDD? Will just deleting the windows folder in the drive do the job or is there any workaround?...
  6. Delete Old Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Old Windows: I have a rather large file taking up valuable space on my primary hard drive. I know that long ago perhaps on Windows 7 when that file appeared I just deleted it. That does NOT seem to work well with Windows 10. I tried going into Safe Mode to delete it, but that just got me...
  7. delete windows old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete windows old: how do I delete windows old from my Toshiba tablet it keep saying I need administratorpermmisn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/delete-windows-old/a4c97ee1-eb22-40b8-8980-5140d8613ce7"
  8. Can't delete old windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't delete old windows 10: Windows 10 was crashing when trying to install updates so I bought a SSD (860 EVO) and download a Windows 10 ISO file which was put on a third HDD. I installed the new windows 10 on the SSD (now named C:) and all has been working fine. But it appears I still have some files...
  9. When will windows 10 delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When will windows 10 delete windows old folder: Hi, I've had windows installed since 31st July. Runs like a dream now and so well pleased with it. I thought that the old windows 7 - in the windows_old folder would be deleted by now. There was a restart of my computer and I thought that would have done it, but it was only...
  10. Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted: Hi guys i have Windows.old folder in my c drive every time i try to delete it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open another program Close the folder or file and try again." Here are the steps are tried to deleting 1. Try using...