Windows 10: Delete Windows XP from Windows 10

Discus and support Delete Windows XP from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro last year with no problem. Win 7 Pro had a version of Win XP that appears to remain on my computer. Win 7 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by midjack, May 6, 2016.

1. midjack Win User

Delete Windows XP from Windows 10

I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro last year with no problem. Win 7 Pro had a version of Win XP that appears to remain on my computer. Win 7 Pro (windows.old) is gone. My C: drive contains a folder "XP" that contains over 330MB, mostly in a subfolder "Drivers", which contains 327 MB.

I assume I can go ahead and just run an every-day delete to remove the XP folder from C: without any problem. However, I thought I needed to check to see if anyone else had the same problem.

Anyone see any problem with this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

midjack, May 6, 2016

2. Dual Boot

ok I had windows xp i upgraded to windows 7 but so I didnt lose any of my files on wondows xp i partitioned my hardrive and installed it it on the second half. (I had nothing to back my xp files onto so the idea was to install windows 7 then move over
    the files from xp and then delete xp and delete the parftition so windows 7 was my primary OS) however ive since upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 and still have xp which I no longer need can I just format this part of the partition, C drive, or what are there
    files windows 10 relies on that are in xp, c drive?????

The Kolonel, May 6, 2016
  3. unable to boot Win 10

This is a desktop computer with 4GB RAM and 250 GB harddisk. This computer had windows XP on the first partition , windows 10 on the 3rd partition ,both OS on primary partions and Ubuntu 16.04 on a logical partition (sda5). Windows 10 was result
    of successive upgradations from windows 7 to windows 8 and finally to windows 10 home by Microsoft.Recently windows XP was behaving erratically as it stopped receiving any support or security updates.Hence I decided to remove Windows XP by deleting the 1st
    partition.

Afterwards this partition was recreated to make use of the space. This process deleted boot files,if any, from the 1st partition.

Now I can only boot the computer in Ubuntu.

I tried downloadng Window 10 ISO Image from Microsoft site for reinstalling/repairing the Windows 10. Download is not completing. Kindly Help.

novice2015, May 6, 2016
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

First do a backup on to a separate drive then attempt to delete the XP file. . .if something goes wrong then you should be able to restore from the backup. . .good luck. . .*Smile

And,
    BTW Welcome to the Tens. . . .*Party

5. midjack Win User
    it. I rebooted after deletion and everything seems to be OK. If not I have the XP folder on two external files.
    Thanks, Lee, that's kinda what I was going to do, but I just needed someone to hold my hand while I did

midjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Windows XP from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delete

2. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  3. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  6. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  7. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  8. Need to Recover Deleted File

Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  9. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  10. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade