Windows 10: Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive?

Discus and support Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Clint, thanks so much for that....it's all true.......I am75, & have waited 4 years for welfare to give me the surgery, it was a looooong wait, & I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SlimSylv, Sep 24, 2017.

1. SlimSylv Win User

Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive?

Clint, thanks so much for that....it's all true.......I am75, & have waited 4 years for welfare to give me the surgery, it was a looooong wait, & I was quite anxious, but I tried to keep positive, I work on the premise that if you are nice to people, they are usually nice back to you. My problem with the eye surgery was that I have a very painful back, arthritis in right hip & spine. All went well until they bought me round to tell me the operation ahead of me had complications, & they would send me back to sleep ASAP! As you can expect, I was in a lot of pain with my back, but the nurses were terrific, the bed could be moved up & down etc, so they sat me up , & about 20 mins later, I was in theatre, & out & all done....she will surely find a kind nurse who will hold her hand if necessary.....don't be afraid to let them know you are anxious/in pain, most of them will respond in a kind way. It's wonderful being able to see the (new) TV especially the text, which was hard to see before....& I can see the computer! Bonus!....the only negative thing was, methinks that delay caused me to develop a new seat of pain in my left hip, and around my left ribs. Who knows how long I was actually waiting, when you are 'out of it', time is fey! So, tell her to use all the positive affirmations she can think of, & trust that she will be OK. I do know some of what she is feeling. They deadened my eye, which made all my forehead numb, but all in all, wasn't too bad. The lady surgeon talked to me as she worked & I didn't feel any pain at all! It wasn't even that creepy, as I thought it might be...lol...I am so grateful for the info you provided, & do realise this is the best WIN 10 site I have found, I find MS to be a bit humourless, to say the least. I have to have my other eye done, they said 6 - 8 weeks, we will see, but I am def not as anxious as I was before. It's only natural for her to be anxious, it is her eyes, after all, a very sensitive topic....I'll be in touch, Clint, thanks to you & everyone for trying to help. You are all Gold in my eyes.... *Smile Sylvia

SlimSylv, Sep 30, 2017
  2. SlimSylv Win User

Hi Clint again, I read back a bit, not sure I want to save things to a 'cloud' it's not a very tangible thing! Whereas, an external hard drive, I can feel it & see it, you get my drift? Which is why I went the way of the external hard drive. And, do I really want to go back to WINXP? Seems a waste of all the time I have invested in learning WIN 10, Wish I had known back then, though! So, I have no idea where the box I ticked is......this is enabling the data to be backed up, whenever I log out. So, I guess what I need is to know how can I save the data in a state that can be restored in the case of a meltdown. Not that it's of World importance, but still, it would have been handy in this case....Thank you Clint, *Think ....Sylvia

SlimSylv, Sep 30, 2017
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes Sylvia, I use Macrium Reflect free version will make images of your hard drive and differential back up. You'll have to initiate the back up manually with the free version. With the paid version you and set up schedules to handle the back up's.

You shouldn't be afraid of Cloud back up. programs like Carbonite make real time back ups and you can look on your own system and restore any piece of your data or all of it. RoboForm will keep you passwords safe in the cloud. All of these programs are encrypted so not just anyone can de crypt your information only your master password can unlock your data. If your using Norton Security for security they have a built in password manager as part of the program you'll just have to set it up.

While all this cloud stuff can be scary, it doesn't mean we can't use it. After all Banks get robbed all the time right and we trust banks with our money.

Reading your last post, if your back up is set to back up every time you shut down, you have probably back up your deletion of all your passwords? most local back ups will do that, they don't keep historical file versions. With Cloud back ups they do keep file version history, Well I really only know about Carbonite but they keep everything for 3 months so that if you do delete something it won't be deleted from your Cloud back up for 3 months. just some thing to think about.

I think you need to contact the guy that set this up he may have incrementals running and if true he could possible still save your stuff but eventually the deletion will overwrite them if it hasn't already.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive?

1. Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive? - Similar Threads - Deleted Password Mgr

2. How to put ALL files from external hard drive to my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put ALL files from external hard drive to my pc: How to put ALL files from external hard drive to my pc? i did a simple copy paste and when i checked the amount of GB of the files that i pasted to my pc, the GB didnt match with the external hard drive, so i wanna know how i can know if i missed files/how i can paste all the...
  3. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  4. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  5. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  6. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  7. files on external hard drive deleted

files on external hard drive deleted: Hi, I have accidentally deleted files on an external hard drive after downloading a copy of windows 10 on to it.I have used easus data recovery software to try and find the files which it says it has. i now have the problem where I believe the hard drive has been formatted so...
  8. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  9. So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the...

So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the...: So I saved data to a compressed zip file on an external hard drive. So the thread is locked So my data is useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-there-is-a-way-to-retrieve-data-in-compressed/e204a86e-5b3f-4c2d-880d-be455ac4cbcf"
  10. How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition?: How do i delete a system image of windows 10 from a external hard drive partition? I have looked everywhere for a way but they all involve shady third party applications with the possibility of leaving shadow copy data. I want to do this the official and least harmful way for...