Windows 10: Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

Discus and support Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alchemical, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

Hi all,

I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC'

I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage.

The folder icons are still present, however they now have a little syncing icon attached to them, and I can obviously no longer access them. I get the following error message when I click on them or whenever I perform an action that opens a default folder, such as attempting to attach a document to an email.

Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder [​IMG]

I can navigate just fine to my OneDrive by clicking the OneDrive icon, it's just these folders under This PC which seem to be affected, though the file path on the error message confuses the heck out of me because it says it's in my OneDrive.

I'd like to ideally just change my settings so that my OneDrive is the default folder that opens for all of these kind of actions (attaching documents to emails, default location to save files etc.)

Secondarily I'd like to restore the folders under This PC (just the folders, there were no files in them) as the syncing icon bugs me a bit.

Any help much appreciated.

:)

Alchemical, Jan 13, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Pictures

You don't have a Document "file" or a "picture file." You have folders called Documents and Pictures. The distinction is significant. You can simply copy the image files from the Documents folder to the Pictures folder. Once the copying has
    been confirmed, you can delete them from Documents.

JimWynne, Jan 13, 2016
  3. samnazari Win User
    my picture

Hi , Thank you for your reply

yes pictures in my Picture folder and yes I copy all my pictures what ever left into other folder (my document) and they are there no deleting happening .it seems picture folder is the problem some program deleting my
    pictures from this folder only .

thanks so much for your help .

samnazari, Jan 13, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

Hi Alchemical, welcome to Ten Forums. This is from the tutorial forum. This PC 'Folders' - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . Use option 2. It should get your folders back. Also the sync problem looks like you are not signed to onedrive. Go to https:// onedrive.live.com and sign in. That should fix the path not found problem.

JohnC, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 13, 2016
  6. That worked for me, thanks very much!

Alchemical, Jan 13, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

1. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder - Similar Threads - Deleted Documents Pictures

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  4. Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop: My documents were not getting updated in One Drive consistently, which may have been due to the old laptop I was using. I was downloading files from a flash drive to a new laptop and got a OneDrive message saying I was over the 5GB limit of free space. I decided not to use...
  5. Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop

Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop: My documents were not getting updated in One Drive consistently, which may have been due to the old laptop I was using. I was downloading files from a flash drive to a new laptop and got a OneDrive message saying I was over the 5GB limit of free space. I decided not to use...
  6. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  7. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  8. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  10. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...