Windows 10: Deleted e-mails

Discus and support Deleted e-mails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an outlook and hot-mail account. I check it every day with Windows 10 mail and delete unwanted e-mails and empty the deleted folder. Every time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Clint, May 14, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Deleted e-mails

I have an outlook and hot-mail account. I check it every day with Windows 10 mail and delete unwanted e-mails and empty the deleted folder. Every time I go to the deleted folder, there are e-mails there that I deleted a week ago. Why have a deleted folder if it's not going to delete them?

:)

Clint, May 14, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Deleted e-mails

Email on modern smartphones is a reflection of what's on their server. Do not delete the email from the phone if you don't want to delete it from the server.

Entegy, May 14, 2017
  3. Deleted e-mails

I don't want e-mails deleted from the server when I delete them from the phone. This is a very important subject.

LarsHolstad, May 14, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Deleted e-mails

I haven't used Microsoft Outlook E-Mail Client for some time, favoring Outlook.com and Hotmail.com plus my own Webmail services. Seems to me there's a setting in MS Outlook to also delete from the Server [or not] when deleting from the Client.

Berton, May 14, 2017
  5. Mystere Win User
    How do you delete stuff from the Deleted folder? The way I do it is to right click on the Deleted folder in the left pane and choose "Empty Folder". It seems to work for me.

Mystere, May 14, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Why have a deleted folder and not delete the files? - in case the user has deleted in haste, anger, by mistake, or just decides again to consider the content. The stuff marked for deletion hangs around for a while, and then is removed, so you can generally just forget about it.

Fafhrd, May 14, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    I use gMail IMAP and the bin is automatically emptied after 30 Days, as is the Automatic spam folder, (you need to check that the filters have not classified your mother-in-law as a spammer *Wink ) I also feed all my other accounts through gMail, (it uses Pop3 Protocol to move all mail from one service to gmail through gMail's Full filter set), as I find the spam filters and Malware filters better than others, and of course it works seamlessly with my Android devices.

I have both Outlook 2016 and Thunderbird available to me but as I use a 3rd party Todo list and Calendar, (Any.do and Cal), that interlink to google products and each other automatically, I find it easiest to do all email / calendaring/ ToDo online, (I have 24/7 Fibre/4G connections so the online is not an issue). I have "chrome" Apps in my browser to make access to Todo, Calendar and mail

Barman58, May 14, 2017
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Deleted e-mails

Hi there

If you have IMAP then all mail is stored on the server unless you copy it to local folders (in general unless you have no internet access not a good idea to do).

In the account settings also there's a drop down -- Mail to keep offline choose ALL then the mail stays on the server and isn't copied into local folders. (At least that option is in OUTLOOK 2016 --I haven't got earlier versions so can't check).

With outlook simple empty deleted folder --then it's GONE forever. I actually quite like the idea of emptying the contents with another action -- there's so much junk email and spam that it is possible to delete one or two important emails from your inbox. This way you can retrieve them (simply move to INBOX) before they've been permanently deleted.

With POP3 - not sure --who uses that any more - but I think (from a long time ago) there are various options regarding mail on server and moving to local inbox.

Thunderbird works similarly if you use IMAP.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 14, 2017
  9. Clint Win User
    Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. I don't use Outlook E-Mail Client. I have an Outlook.com and Hotmail.com account. I use Windows 10 Mail to access them.

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Deleted e-mails

1. Deleted e-mails - Similar Threads - Deleted mails

2. How do you Delete a E-mail account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you Delete a E-mail account?: Hello. Due to some odd error When I Logged into https://answers.microsoft.com/ It showed account Profile Blocked. So I made a new Account "Mew" and I Got The same error. Then I made Another account "I_MEOW". Now I need to Delete the "Mew" account Because I can not view Or...
  3. How do you Delete a E-mail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you Delete a E-mail account?: Hello. Due to some odd error When I Logged into https://answers.microsoft.com/ It showed account Profile Blocked. So I made a new Account "Mew" and I Got The same error. Then I made Another account "I_MEOW". Now I need to Delete the "Mew" account Because I can not view Or...
  4. how to delete completely windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete completely windows live mail: I'm receiving thousands of e-mails thanking me for registering with their website. I want to cancel my windows live account completely to stop these e-mails...
  5. how to delete completely windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete completely windows live mail: I'm receiving thousands of e-mails thanking me for registering with their website. I want to cancel my windows live account completely to stop these e-mails...
  6. how to delete completely windows live mail

7. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO de-clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO de-clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  8. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  9. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  10. Taskbar still showing Mail after its deletion? IMHO confusing users who daily delete many Mails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar still showing Mail after its deletion? IMHO confusing users who daily delete many Mails: I need help to understand why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show this MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for others who do not need to re-open deleted Mail from Taskbar, I prefer Taskbar dropping this Mail because...