Windows 10: Deleted files keep returning (Resolved)

Discus and support Deleted files keep returning (Resolved) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, New forum member here looking for some help. I have a small Acer computer that runs a weather program that takes data from my weather station and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jp49, Oct 12, 2015.

1. jp49 Win User

Deleted files keep returning (Resolved)

Hi,
    New forum member here looking for some help. I have a small Acer computer that runs a weather program that takes data from my weather station and updates my weather page on the internet. I bought the computer new with Windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10, then did a clean install of 10. Everything is working great except for one thing, I can't delete files, they keep returning to the folder. I will occasionally use the snipping tool to save a file as jpeg and then use it to update my Facebook page. I also download the latest update to my Weather program. I go to these folders, Download and Documents, I delete several file and later that day they have returned. I have even used Bit Defender File Shredder to delete them and they still come back. I've been a Windows 7 user for many years and never ran into this issue. I did try to search this forum first but didn't see this issue. If it has been discussed please point me to the thread. Thanks in advance.
    jp

:)

2. Deleted IE favorites keep returning

AFAIK, that's the only way to stop it. Do you have more than one computer? If not, you don't need to sync. If you do, try turning off sync, delete the favorites in both machines and then turn Sync back on. I would wait a day though.

Bruce Hagen, Oct 12, 2015
  3. DetestMS Win User
    Deleted IE favorites keep returning

I must admit it has taken MS so long to address this that I am a bit fuzzy about the symptoms and given the problems it caused I am not willing to switch sync back on since I have a lot of favourites and it caused multiple duplicates. However if I remember
    correctly I tried deleting in IE and in the Favourites folder and they still returned. The issue seems to be between IE and Edge which uses a different storage medium for favourites. Whatever the favourites were being replaced from the cloud and there is
    no mechanism to vet the cloud copy.

DetestMS, Oct 12, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Do you have cloud syncing set up or file syncing with another computer/server?

NavyLCDR, Oct 12, 2015
  5. jp49 Win User
    I have nothing in the 'One Drive' folders. I am using a third party program to backup files but it's set up to just copy one way, not to sync. I have turned if off just to see if that was doing it. I use the same program on my Windows 7 machine with no issues.
    jp

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 10 also has a file history feature - I've never looked at it, though, I have no idea where it is at or what settings are available.

NavyLCDR, Oct 12, 2015
  7. jp49 Win User
    I looked at that and I had it turned off. I'm hoping that my third party app was the culprit. I should know by this afternoon or tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
    jp

8. Deleted files keep returning (Resolved)

DustSailor, Oct 12, 2015
  9. jp49 Win User
    Thanks for all the suggestions but I found the issue, it was in my backup program. I had a box checked to go L to R and R to L. I could have sworn I checked that before posting. So my issue is resolved, thanks again for all your input.
    jp

jp49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted files keep returning (Resolved) - Similar Threads - Deleted files keep

2. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  3. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  4. Accented characters keep "returning" :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accented characters keep "returning" :: I own an INTEL NUCI laptop and I am too often having to use SHIFT ALT to turn off accented characters e.g. É é...there is no way I am inadvertently pressing SHIFT ALT to activate them. It's weird how this behaviour has only arisen in the past couple of months. What have I...
  5. Returning Deleted Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning Deleted Folder: Hi I have a folder which despite everything I have tried bar registry which I have no intention of even touching keeps returning after attempted deletion The folder is called Phone and inside is a folder named 1 then within this there are numerous others how can I delete...
  6. Deleted Printers keep returning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Printers keep returning: So I've got a weird one. I've deleted these 4 printers that were installed on a clients work computer. These printers were installed using the printer share on a local print server. However within 30 seconds the printers return. I've looked in Print Management, as well as the...
  7. File keeps getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File keeps getting deleted: Hello. One file that i'm trying to download keeps getting deleted. I download it, then after a few seconds it says "file not found". I think it is due to Windows Defender thinking it is a virus but I am sure that it's not. I already tried to add my downloads folder to...
  8. Deleting Win10 to return laptop

Deleting Win10 to return laptop: Hello! I recently got a laptop that came with FreeDos and now I need to return it because of a faulty screen. Since I only noticed it after installing Win10 on it, I'm now trying to uninstall it/do factory reset(?) I followed a tutorial to get to the Windows setup where you...
  9. Keep or return

Keep or return: I thought I chose the usb windows version but i got the cd version. I have a cd drive on another computer do you recommend sending the cd back or creating a usb version if I create the usb version will I have the full windows experience? Is creating a usb version not...
  10. Deleted File Keeps Returning

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted File Keeps Returning: I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network. Every time I delete the file, it seems to delete, but as soon as I refresh the Windows Explorer window it returns. I also tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a third-wall files keep returning

2. deleted files keep returning