Windows 10: Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen

Discus and support Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In 2015 I posted a question abput accidently deleting a Sept. 10, 2015 KMDF Update, causing a black screen. I want to post this question again because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theladydiane1, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen

In 2015 I posted a question abput accidently deleting a Sept. 10, 2015 KMDF Update, causing a black screen. I want to post this question again because I gave up back then but now I am ready to tackle this issue again. The computer goes to black screen on start up, I get no Windows logo. All help would be so appreciated. I am not sure if this should be under the catagory of drivers, updates or recovery.

:)

theladydiane1, Jul 7, 2018

2. resulting in Blackscreen after uninstall KMDF update in Windows 10.

Original Title: Is there a way to get the KMDF Update reinstalled on my computer? it was accidently deleted, resulting in a black screen.the update was on the 10th of Sept. or Oct. 2015.

Is there a way to get the Microsoft KMDF Update installed again? It was accidently deleted, resulting in a black screen. The update was from Sept. 10th, 2015 or Oct. 10th,2015. I cannot do it because of black screen.

3. HP All-In-One Desktop/Windows 10.Accidently deleted Oct.10,2015 KMDF Update resulting in a black screen,what do I do?

HP All-In-One Desktop/Windows 10. Accidently deleted Oct. 10, 2015 KMDF Update resulting in a black screen. What do I do? Who do I contact Microsoft Support or HP Support?

4. zplugger Win User

Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen

1. Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen - Similar Threads - Deleted KMDF update

2. Windows 10 version 1909 Cumulative update causes black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 Cumulative update causes black screen: After a fresh installation of version 1909 everything works as it should. After going to Windows Update and installing the cumulative update for 1909 today my system goes to a black screen and won't respond. I have made 4 attempts to install the update with the same result. I...
  3. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  4. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290
  5. Windows 10 update causes black screen before Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causes black screen before Login: I get a blank screen before login after Windows 10 1903 update. What do I do next (see below for what I have done): Like many, I recently got the ultimatum that I must update my Windows 10 if I want to continue to receive support updates. So I scheduled the update for 2...
  6. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen: I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers. But I still get the...
  7. Display driver causing black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver causing black screen: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...
  8. Windows update causing third of screen turns black in portrait mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update causing third of screen turns black in portrait mode.: I have a Windows 10 machine where, when I launch a game, the bottom third of the screen turns black. (See below.) This is due to a Windows update that came out a couple years ago. The machine display is in "Portrait (Flipped)" mode. I avoided the problem by never letting it...
  9. DVD Drives Causing Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drives Causing Black Screen: Guys, I did a clean install of Windows 10 and, because of problems with installation,I disconnected all unnecessary DVD drives and expansion cards etc. I decided to reconnect my DVD drives today to two spare ports on the mobo but, when I started the computer I got a black...
  10. Defragging / windows update caused black screen of death AGAIN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragging / windows update caused black screen of death AGAIN: So this is this 2nd time this has happened after using defraggler (and PC asking for random windows update)! -I defragged my PC during the day for about 5 hours. -I got home, paused and stopped the defragging. -I go to shut-down my PC and get 2 options: 'update and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 missing kmdf file black screen