Windows 10: Deleted local user account and adding windows hello

Discus and support Deleted local user account and adding windows hello in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I had an issue with my sons family activity reporting and it appeared to be because he was a local user account rather than under my family in terms... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DP Saint, Jul 4, 2018.

1. DP Saint Win User

Deleted local user account and adding windows hello

Hi I had an issue with my sons family activity reporting and it appeared to be because he was a local user account rather than under my family in terms of the user admin.

I couldn't find an option to switch him from a local user to a Microsoft family account user so created a new Microsoft user account on his PC (I am admin) which created a new folder in explorer and then I copied all the files from one folder to anther. I checked tha he could sign in and access his previous files - all good and the I then removed his local user account.

We then tried to set up facial recognition on the PC and we got a response saying that this Microsoft account already had a windows hello associated with it and I had to remove it from the local account - which I had deleted and cant access (it still resides in explorer though).

How can I access his local user account to remove the windows hello?

:)

DP Saint, Jul 4, 2018

2. How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Deleted local user account and adding windows hello :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Deleted local user account and adding windows hello :(

Zakin, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted local user account and adding windows hello - Similar Threads - Deleted local user

2. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  3. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  4. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  6. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  7. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add an account to device A from device B? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-user-accounts/228cb889-494c-4828-981e-fb1fce5796f2
  8. Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup: Hi Microsoft Team, I have a problem using the features of Windows Hello Fingerprint. I used the local user account administrator as default login in my machine but when I setup the fingerprint it showed the message error "Sorry, something went wrong"? Any idea how to...
  9. Adding a user to Hello Face

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a user to Hello Face: Is there a way for me to add my wife to Hello Face so she can get on as easily as I can? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-user-to-hello-face/cea002fc-6b48-40fb-bbde-2d572e2cee34
  10. Local Account user appears and will not delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows hello from deleted account

2. windows hello linked to deleted account

3. deleted account conflict winsows hello