Windows 10: Deleted MS Visual C++ program in error - does it matter?

Discus and support Deleted MS Visual C++ program in error - does it matter? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I've just bought a new Windows 10 laptop. In trying to clear bloatware, I accidentally deleted a Microsoft visual C++ redistributable program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bertiebasset, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Deleted MS Visual C++ program in error - does it matter?

Hi

I've just bought a new Windows 10 laptop. In trying to clear bloatware, I accidentally deleted a Microsoft visual C++ redistributable program. Problem is I don't know which one. How can I find out, and since my laptop seems to perform OK, does it matter anyway?

Many thanks

:)

bertiebasset, Oct 29, 2016

2. Many troubles and problems in the new version of windows 10. please help!

Hello Akheel Ahmed

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have many Microsoft Visual C++ is installed!

3 times MS Visual C ++ 2005

7 times MS Visual C ++ 2008

2 times MS Visual C ++ 2010

2 times MS Visual C ++ 2012

I did not make any changes on the computer prior to the issue.

After reinstalling Corel Paintshop this morning, it is working again and that before the scan you told me to do.

After the scan, I got this message: windows resource did not find any integrity violations.

Now, the most important software I need “ DFX Tiffen” still not working and it has its own Visual C ++ 2014 (but I can’t see the Visual C++ 2014 in programs and features). When I try to run the program, I get this message: the program can’t start because
    the OpenCL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem. (I tried several times)

For me it’s enough to solve this issue (DFX Tiffen software) and the FTP weather station software.

Sincerely

Andrew

Andrew Farah, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Oct 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Deleted MS Visual C++ program in error - does it matter?

Hi, if you have a look at your event log, applications, and search for C++, you may find an entry telling you what happened.
    I used Event Log Explorer (free) which lets you create a simple filter. (click View, Filter and enter text- e.g. C++)

I hope you mean you uninstalled it, not just deleted some folder.

You would only experience difficulty running a program that needed it, and could expect an appropriate error message. You could then install the appropriate version of the VC++ run time.

This program may be of interest.
    Download PC Decrapifier - MajorGeeks

dalchina, Oct 29, 2016
  5. Thanks, but I can't get Event Log Explorer to work: I select Help > Enter registration key, enter registration key but when I press OK I get the message 'You have to restart the program to apply the registration key' every single time even if I reboot after entering. Any ideas or any other event log program to recommend? And thanks also for the link to PC Decrapifier link!

6. dalchina New Member
    It's a free program for home use.
    Pricing and ordering FSPro Labs
    http://eventlogxp.com/free-personal.php

Home license

FREE personal license is available for HOME NON-COMMERCIAL use. It doesn't allow you to connect more then 3 computers. Free license never expires, but you may need to renew the license when you upgrade Event Log Explorer.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Otherwise I only know of the Windows Event Viewer.

dalchina, Oct 29, 2016
  7. I've got a free 'home use' licence; I just can't get the program to accept my registration key - I just keep getting the message that the registration key will be applied when I restart the program.

8. dalchina New Member

Hi, try right clicking the installer and Run as admin?

dalchina, Oct 29, 2016
  9. Thanks. I tried running the installer as adminstrator. Now, every time I open Event Log explorer from the desktop, a pop up screen appears: 'Do you want allow this app to make changes to your device?', then when I click on yes the program opens but I'm faced with another pop up screen: 'File C:\Users\Bertie\Desktop\Untitled.elx not found. No workspace loaded' with no option but to click 'OK'. I click OK, enter registration key and am told it will apply when I restart the program, but when I restart the same things happens again.

10. dalchina New Member
    The first is just UAC, the other, sorry, no idea.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted MS Visual C++ program in error - does it matter? - Similar Threads - Deleted Visual C++

2. Can I delete MS Visual C ++ ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete MS Visual C ++ ?: Dear All,I have some questions about MS Visual C ++ I have many version installed on my PC and I just would like to know if I can delete the old version then leave only latest version ? I'm not so sure which software are using MS Visual C ++ but what I'm concern is some MS...
  3. Can I delete MS Visual C ++ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete MS Visual C ++ ?: Dear All,I have some questions about MS Visual C ++ I have many version installed on my PC and I just would like to know if I can delete the old version then leave only latest version ? I'm not so sure which software are using MS Visual C ++ but what I'm concern is some MS...
  4. Can I delete MS Visual C ++ ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated on a new install. After installing Office 2013 and Adobe CS5.5 I'm getting a message on start up 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime ErrorDoes anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated on a new install. After installing Office 2013 and Adobe CS5.5 I'm getting a message on start up 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime ErrorDoes anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. visual c++ error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    visual c++ error: I keep getting this Microsoft Visual C++ error and It's on all of them but I can't find a way to fix it. It pops up every time I download a game or launch something like Doom Eternal. [ATTACH]...
  8. MS Visual C++ Assertion Failed error when uninstalling a program

MS Visual C++ Assertion Failed error when uninstalling a program: Hi, I am trying to uninstall Crystal Reports 2013 but when I try I get the following error message: [ATTACH] I have tried to debug with the internet debug options enabled but it still doesn't work. I haven't had any visual C++ errors when dealing with installed software...
  9. MS Visual C++ file errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Visual C++ file errors: I just want the latest c++ files so i can play my pc games and other normal things on my PC but im stumped as what to do. Ive uninstalled all older c++ files and tried reinstalling the newest from MS website but when i try to it shows the same error messages and wont allow me...
  10. MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors

MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help. Trying to install games or drivers, I constantly get a pop-up stating: "The feature you are tryig to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime...