Windows 10: deleted my admin account

Discus and support deleted my admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I deleted my admin account trying to follow directions using the netplwiz command to eliminate the need to log in with a password. When I restarted my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by youngdavidwe, Oct 22, 2015.

1. deleted my admin account

I deleted my admin account trying to follow directions using the netplwiz command to eliminate the need to log in with a password. When I restarted my computer it now refuses my password though it still identifies the old profile with my full name. I am definitely typing my password correctly. I never set up a password recovery memory stick.
    I cannot log in at all
    Is there any hope to save my data or do I definitely have to reset the OS?

:)

youngdavidwe, Oct 22, 2015

2. windows deleted my admin account

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

See if you can then create the local account.

If that does not work.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a custom installation of Windows

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Oct 22, 2015
  3. windows deleted my admin account

Sounds like a temporary profile indeed:

Try creating a local account:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-local-a...

Sign into the new account.

Open File Explorer on the Taskbar > This PC

Open the drive where Windows is installed

Open Users

Look if your old account old is there with your files

If they are, you can copy them over to the new account.

If you still don't understand, don't hesitate to let us know. We can help you through it.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

deleted my admin account

1. deleted my admin account - Similar Threads - deleted admin account

2. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete admin account: out of no where there is a secondary administrator account in my laptop i’m running windows 10 and it won’t show up to let me delete it from my main account that I have always used that is also an admin account. This new admin account doesn’t allow me to set a pin for it and...
  3. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete admin account: out of no where there is a secondary administrator account in my laptop i’m running windows 10 and it won’t show up to let me delete it from my main account that I have always used that is also an admin account. This new admin account doesn’t allow me to set a pin for it and...
  4. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  6. Deleted my only accessible admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted my only accessible admin account: Please help, yesterday I was going to delete an account that was under the name "local test" because I have recently made a local account, but later signed back into my microaoft account, i have found some things flawed with the system. I would like to know if there is a...
  7. How to delete admin account

How to delete admin account: I have inherited a laptop from a prior employee and the person left and I do not have PIN or PW. I am trying to download Adobe and it wants me to enter an Admin PIN. If I try to change Account User from Control Panel it wants the PIN? I am stuck. I cannot make myself an...
  8. I deleted my Admin account on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted my Admin account on windows 10.: I tried it all, I deleted my admin account in windows 10. I tried everything I found and nothing works. I can't do a fresh install, need Admin account!! HELP!...
  9. Deleting An Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting An Admin Account: My 15 y/o son has somehow become the administrator account on my laptop. I already created a new account for me and set it to administrator. I am unable to delete his account as it is set to my login on the laptop. Help!...
  10. Netplwiz deleted my Admin account!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Netplwiz deleted my Admin account!: Ok, so what happened was that I was using clipboard and on the bottom it had a note that I could transfer clipboard through devices. I tried logging in with my account, but it said it was already in use, so make another one with my other email. Then it changed the name (Of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What To Do When I Deleted My Account From Netplwiz Advanced