Windows 10: Deleted os and formatted the internal disk of system how to troubleshoot

Discus and support Deleted os and formatted the internal disk of system how to troubleshoot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had bought Micromax canvas LT 777 laptab yesterday i was trying to format sd card in my laptab so i used cmd but i was unable to format sd card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sam_9900, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Sam_9900 Win User

Deleted os and formatted the internal disk of system how to troubleshoot

Hi,

I had bought Micromax canvas LT 777 laptab yesterday i was trying to format sd card in my laptab so i used cmd but i was unable to format sd card so i downloaded secondary software and tryed to format unfortunately i selected the internal disk 0 of laptab and it asked me to restart once i restarted it says'fs0:\efi\microsoft\Boot\bootmgfg.efi

And unable to reboot pls help

Regards,

Sam

* Moved from Insider

:)

Sam_9900, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 3, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Delete VS Format

Quick format if you know there is no bad blocks on the disk.

Maybe the reason that formating is faster is that un like delete it has to check what parts of the disk needs deleting. Were with format it's just ok bye bye all unless it's a full format which takes longer due to checking the disk.

AsRock, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted os and formatted the internal disk of system how to troubleshoot - Similar Threads - Deleted formatted internal

2. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  3. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  4. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to format or delete volume on disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format or delete volume on disk?: on this disk, there is a windows 11 and I want to delete it and replace it with another OS, but something or some protection won't let me make any changes to it and actually when I'm trying to delete a volume it says successful but nothing will change....
  6. how to format or delete volume on disk?

how to format or delete volume on disk?: on this disk, there is a windows 11 and I want to delete it and replace it with another OS, but something or some protection won't let me make any changes to it and actually when I'm trying to delete a volume it says successful but nothing will change....
  7. Will quick format deletes windows os?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will quick format deletes windows os?: I want to quick format my hdd one which has windows installed on it. So when i quick format it, will the formatting process removes the windows os as well?...
  8. how do i format a usb to act as the system disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i format a usb to act as the system disk: how do i format a usb to act as the system disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-format-a-usb-to-act-as-the-system-disk/b1632d54-7f34-44e6-a44d-0770009f304a
  9. HD Disk formatting with OS installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HD Disk formatting with OS installed: Hi everybody: can anyone tell me how to format a hard drive disk with the operating system installed at the same time? Thanks for a helpful answer. Regards, Pablo...
  10. How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?

How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?: I have this USB disk that is formatted using Linux system (I believe it is ext2 or ext3). It is used to save TV-recordings. I use Linux Reader to copy these recordings onto my Windows pc. Am looking for a portable tool, similar to Linux Reader, that can also delete the...