Windows 10: deleted SEARCH

Discus and support deleted SEARCH in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the SEARCH icon from my task bar and I can't get it back. What is the secret? John 48582 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 6185JGL, Apr 27, 2016.

1. 6185JGL Win User

deleted SEARCH

I accidentally deleted the SEARCH icon from my task bar and I can't get it back. What is the secret?

John

:)

6185JGL, Apr 27, 2016

2. Delete search items

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to delete your search history from your browser.

I suggest that you refer the following Internet Explorer help you article and follow the steps to delete history.

View and delete your browsing history

Hope this will help you. Post back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Delete search items

I have gone to HKEY-CURRENT-USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT PLUS AND DO NOT FIND WORDWHEELQUARY.

So I can not delete my search item information in internet explorer 11. Can any one help me ?

Original title: deleting seach items

_

john nielsen_97756, Apr 27, 2016
  4. deleted SEARCH

John, did you make registry changes before it disappeared? Did you make any changes to your location or region?

Vince Massi, Apr 27, 2016
  5. 6185JGL Win User
    No changes that I am aware of. I was trying to find a file and noticed SEARCH was gone.

6185JGL, Apr 27, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Apr 27, 2016
  7. Try this:

Right click the taskbar
    select show Search

Slartybart, Apr 27, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

deleted SEARCH

You may even find it more convenient not to have Cortana's search on your taskbar. You can launch Cortana via
    Windows key + S, Windows key + Q - & Windows key + C (when Cortana is fully set up)

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  9. ....or

WinKey - then just type your query
    There's no input box until you start typing

It takes a bit to break habit, but give it a shot

Slartybart, Apr 27, 2016
  10. 6185JGL Win User
    derekimo Successful fix. thanks. John

6185JGL, Apr 27, 2016
  11. Slartybart, that's great! Press the Windows Logo key and start typing what you're searching for. I'll use that one.

Vince Massi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

deleted SEARCH

1. deleted SEARCH - Similar Threads - deleted SEARCH

2. I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...: Hello, I deleted some registry files to try to remove the "some settings are managed by admin." Now, when I search anything on any browser, it says I have a privacy error without HTTPS. What can I do to fix it? Thank you....
  3. I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...: Hello, I deleted some registry files to try to remove the "some settings are managed by admin." Now, when I search anything on any browser, it says I have a privacy error without HTTPS. What can I do to fix it? Thank you....
  4. Search for and delete a list of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for and delete a list of files: On a related topic to backups, I just heard from my boss that I can delete all the work-related photos I took with my phone from 2023.I have all the photos on my phone backed up in a big folder on my hard drive, but they are all in a single unsorted folder, or at least mostly...
  5. Search for and delete a list of files

Search for and delete a list of files: On a related topic to backups, I just heard from my boss that I can delete all the work-related photos I took with my phone from 2023.I have all the photos on my phone backed up in a big folder on my hard drive, but they are all in a single unsorted folder, or at least mostly...
  6. Search for and delete a list of files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to stop letters from being deleted when searching in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop letters from being deleted when searching in file explorer: When searching for files in teh file explorer, we will type letters, then it will jump back deleting some of what has been typed. This usually happens when pressing the space bar and is an issue on multiple computers to different people, which are all running on Windows 11....
  8. How to stop letters from being deleted when searching in file explorer

How to stop letters from being deleted when searching in file explorer: When searching for files in teh file explorer, we will type letters, then it will jump back deleting some of what has been typed. This usually happens when pressing the space bar and is an issue on multiple computers to different people, which are all running on Windows 11....
  9. Unable to delete "search xyz" browser hijacker through Microsoft and Malwarebytes programs....

Unable to delete "search xyz" browser hijacker through Microsoft and Malwarebytes programs....: Made several attemps using Microsoft and Malwarebytes programs to delete/ remove the "search.xyz" browser hijacker program. Unable to find any listings on any file search for the "search.xyz". The "search.xyz" program is very persistent. I do not want to do a complete reboot...
  10. Unable to delete "search xyz" browser hijacker through Microsoft and Malwarebytes programs....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to delete "search xyz" browser hijacker through Microsoft and Malwarebytes programs....: Made several attemps using Microsoft and Malwarebytes programs to delete/ remove the "search.xyz" browser hijacker program. Unable to find any listings on any file search for the "search.xyz". The "search.xyz" program is very persistent. I do not want to do a complete reboot...