Windows 10: Deleted some files, restarted my laptop, now it won't boot up.

Discus and support Deleted some files, restarted my laptop, now it won't boot up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There were things that were wrong with my laptop and I thought that updating to the newest version on windows 10 would solve the problems, but because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris Tacos, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Deleted some files, restarted my laptop, now it won't boot up.

There were things that were wrong with my laptop and I thought that updating to the newest version on windows 10 would solve the problems, but because of all the things that the laptops download automatically, I didn't have the 8 GB that was needed for the upgrade. I only downloaded a couple of things since I got the laptop, so there weren't many things that I could do to free space, so I started deleting everything that I could. I made things much worse (obviously) and when I restarted my laptop, it just stays at the "Lenovo" title screen, then restarts over and over again, so basically it won't startup. I pressed the f2 key and it brought me to a page saying "Pheonix SecureCore Technology Setup" and it says a bunch of things about my laptop and also has more sections like Configuration, Security, Boot, and Exit. I read some threads saying to download a windows 10 installation on a different pc, put it onto a USB, connect it to the broken laptop then boot up from there. I don't have another PC. I tried to download the windows 10 file from my Chromebook then putting it onto the flash drive from there but the Chromebook doesn't let me put it onto the empty flash drive. Please help me fix my laptop in any way that doesn't include spending money or another PC.

:)

Chris Tacos, Mar 31, 2018
  2. Harsh9 Win User

Windows 10 not booting up after upgrade

UPDATE:The laptop suddenly booted up again yesterday morning! I took a back up of my files and did a recovery to switch back to Windows 8.1. It worked fine but won't restart again in 8.1! I am having a feeling that something wrong with the motherboard.
    It randomly boots up or doesn't boot at all.

Harsh9, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Sarah Nuq Win User
    Help! Reseted my laptop, now it won’t boot up!

Hi,

To isolate your concern, may we know what kind of reset have you done? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Regards.

Sarah Nuq, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Deleted some files, restarted my laptop, now it won't boot up.

Do you have any data about the Lenovo such as an invoice that shows the size of the drive, whether an HDD/Hard Disk Drive or an SSD/Solid State Drive? The lack of sufficient space suggests a 32GB SSD like in most Tablets and small/light/thin Notebooks, maybe a 2-in-1, in which case adding a MicroSDXC card [like used in SmartPhones] will help for updates, I use 64GB in my Tablets. If not having that slot maybe an SDHC card as used in camera.

Berton, Mar 31, 2018
  5. The Information section in the "Pheonix SecureCore Technology Setup" say that the hard disk id "SanDisk iNAND 32GB". It doesn't say anthing about an SDD

Chris Tacos, Mar 31, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    For the Windows upgrade you will want 16 GB min free space x32 and 20 GB min free space x64.

Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8GB )
    Find a friend, neighbor, relative, local computer store, that would be willing to make for you a bootable windows 10 iso.
    Also if available you can make one using a computer at work or at a local public library.

Create a bootable Windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

Once you have a bootable windows 10 iso you can work on the boot problems.

When needing to increase the free space on small drives these steps may be helpful:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    For the upgrade you could:
    a) move the users folder to an external HD, flash drive, or to the cloud.
    b) delete the page file
    How To Remove Pagefile.sys In Windows 10 - Technobezz
    c) delete the hibernation file: hyperfil.sys
    Delete hiberfil.sys by disabling Windows Hibernate function - TechRepublic
    d) delete the cbs log
    e) other files: shadow copies, disk cleanup, etc.
    How to Use Windows 10s Storage Settings to Free Hard Drive Space

zbook, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Thank you so much, I definitely will consider doing that, but is there anything at all that I can do by staying at my own home, is there anything I can do with the "Pheonix SecureCore Technology Setup" thing, or something I can do with my Chromebook that could help?

Chris Tacos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleted some files, restarted my laptop, now it won't boot up.

1. Deleted some files, restarted my laptop, now it won't boot up. - Similar Threads - Deleted files restarted

2. I wiped my laptop and now it won't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wiped my laptop and now it won't boot up: i wiped my student laptop and now it comes to a black screen that says Please insert system disk and press any key, people say i just need to reformat my laptop and reinstall windows 10 but i want to make sure i do it right...
  3. I wiped my laptop and now it won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I wiped my laptop and now it won't boot up: i wiped my student laptop and now it comes to a black screen that says Please insert system disk and press any key, people say i just need to reformat my laptop and reinstall windows 10 but i want to make sure i do it right...
  4. I wiped my laptop and now it won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore: My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore even when I press power button it doesn't do anything please can somebody help* Original title: PLEASE HELP ANYONE ???...
  6. My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore: My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore even when I press power button it doesn't do anything please can somebody help* Original title: PLEASE HELP ANYONE ???...
  7. Deleted some system folders. Now Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted some system folders. Now Windows won't boot: Hello, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Would be glad if someone could help me out. I got a Windows Update about a week ago. Due to some circumstances I decided to uninstall the update today details aren't relevant here. However, it kept showing an error while trying to...
  8. My laptop suddenly shut down and now, it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop suddenly shut down and now, it won't boot up.: I was watching a YouTube video on Firefox with only one tab open when it suddenly shut down out of nowhere. The behavior was similar to a hard shutdown. I waited for a few seconds and then turned it on. The fan was loud and spinning fast and the screen was dead. The power...
  9. HP laptop won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't boot up after restart: All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn it on, it goes to please wait and then keyboard selection and either troubleshoot or turn off your pc. Anybody have any ideas?...
  10. widows10 upgraded now my laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    widows10 upgraded now my laptop won't boot up: hi guys, I am having issues with my Lenovo Tablet, it did an automatic update yesterday. Now when I switch on it goes into self checks and system restore fails every time, also diagnostics doesn't find the fault. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. However I have ordered...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted data now wont boot