Windows 10: Deleted stuff in Systemapps folder.. Can't reinstall Windows Store.

Discus and support Deleted stuff in Systemapps folder.. Can't reinstall Windows Store. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yeah, I kinda deleted windows store form system apps folder, and now I can't seem to reinstall it, I also can't seem to update windows 10 either,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Scyris Win User

Deleted stuff in Systemapps folder.. Can't reinstall Windows Store.

So yeah, I kinda deleted windows store form system apps folder, and now I can't seem to reinstall it, I also can't seem to update windows 10 either, would removing windows store have caused this?

:)

Scyris, Sep 15, 2017

2. Removing CORTANA from Windows 10

Just go to :

C:\Windows\SystemApps

And delete or rename the folder :

Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

Aboumalak_MA, Sep 15, 2017
  3. Wupaz Win User
    Cannot open Windows Store

I got "store 0 Meg" issue on my dev PC, now I can't open store on son's tablet... I'm so tired of issue! It's really not normal I have to run cmd, delete folder etc. Store is a basic stuff it's supposed working 100%.

<Edited Content>

Wupaz, Sep 15, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

If you have a system image backup, restore it. And don't do that..........

No backup, clean install.

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2017
  5. Scyris Win User
    Really? there is no way you can use like a troubleshooter from MS to put those back in? I really don't wanna have to reinstall.

Also if it helps this is the error I get when trying to check for updates: 0x800704cf

Scyris, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Restore your backup. Or get the ISO for your Windows Home version and do an in-place repair. That would keep your data and progs.

Sorry, Kari..... we were posting at the same time.

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

Great minds think alike *Smile

9. f14tomcat Win User
    As far as that error code.....

Something you did or deleted in the system folder has caused the shared network location to be zapped.

Error 0x800704cf the network location cannot be reached
    Deleted stuff in Systemapps folder.. Can't reinstall Windows Store. [​IMG]

not good......................

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2017
  10. Scyris Win User
    Well I still got the USB i used to initially instal windows 10, but for some reason, its updating now, maybe it was just being stuborne or something? I personally don't use the windows store at all, I just thought one of those apps in system apps might be why it was having issues updating. with that error. Thanks for the help guys, if this happens again i'll do what you suggested.

Scyris, Sep 15, 2017
  11. Scyris Win User
    Well if thats the problem, is there an.. easy fix for it? I mean as I said it suddendly worked a min ago and its getting the updates now. Is it normal for it to take for frigging ever to "Check for updates"?

Scyris, Sep 15, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Good! When it's all up and running right and cleaned up, make a full system image backup:

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

It could save you down the road. You'll get the same advice from any member here.

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2017
  13. Scyris Win User

Cool i'll do that, well everything seems to be working fine now, so i'll mark this as solved, thanks all for the help you rock.

Scyris, Sep 15, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    You're welcome! *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted stuff in Systemapps folder.. Can't reinstall Windows Store. - Similar Threads - Deleted stuff Systemapps

2. Can't Reinstall Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Reinstall Windows Store: I got problem w/ Microsoft store using win 11, so i removed itW/ pwshell i use Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentModeand i get this error messageAlso Windows Search don't work, and i'm not able...
  3. Can't Reinstall Windows Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reinstall Windows Store: I got problem w/ Microsoft store using win 11, so i removed itW/ pwshell i use Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentModeand i get this error messageAlso Windows Search don't work, and i'm not able...
  4. MS Store Deleted and not reinstalling

MS Store Deleted and not reinstalling: Hi! I'm recently got stuck in a terrible situation. I faced the "Acquiring License" error and believing all hope was lost I deleted MS Store with the Power-Shell command. Unfortunately. I require some apps only on store so I decided to reinstall. I tried Power Shell but got a...
  5. Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now: Reinstalled windows because of an issue, I only formatted My C drive. All the apps and data in D drive was left as it is I try to launch Adobe pdf (I installed it on D drive), but now it wont launch. checked my installed programs and it wasn't there. So i decided to delete...
  6. Can't reinstall WIndows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall WIndows Store: Hello I have a problem with windows store and some apps like xbox helper. I tried to change name of .exe file of game at windowsapps folder and I have followed some tutorials how to get acces, however i still couldn't and this is where I messed up I think. After that I...
  7. Can't reinstall WIndows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall WIndows Store: Hello I have a problem with windows store and some apps like xbox helper. I tried to change name of .exe file of game at windowsapps folder and I have followed some tutorials how to get acces, however i still couldn't and this is where I messed up I think. After that I...
  8. deleteing stuff

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleteing stuff: hi can one of you help me delete games and apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteing-stuff/e95e2fb0-f544-48fb-bd82-d6d98381643d"
  9. Restore/Download SystemApps folder contents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore/Download SystemApps folder contents: So i recently reset my computer about a month or so ago. And part of my setup/configuration i deleted some of the system apps like cortana and edge... Uknowingly i think i deleted some of the wrong folders... because now none of the windows apps like Paint 3D or the...
  10. SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5

SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5: why is this app and more suspended in my OS Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/systemappsmicrosoftlockappcw5/94c938f7-a748-42da-b2f6-eb3d4098b037