Windows 10: Deleted video files still show in Network Locations

Discus and support Deleted video files still show in Network Locations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder with videos (avi, mkv etc) that is shared and can be watched on any smart TV in my house. After watching videos each night, I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skcusime, May 22, 2017.

1. skcusime Win User

Deleted video files still show in Network Locations

I have a folder with videos (avi, mkv etc) that is shared and can be watched on any smart TV in my house. After watching videos each night, I delete them from the shared folder. It has worked fine forever, but today I upgraded to Creators and now when I delete the file, it remains visible in the Network Shares as a file to watch. It can't be watched of course, and is not visible in the video folder, but still shows in Network Locations.
    Because of this the Samsung TV still shows the file as available, but it's been deleted!
    What has changed and how do I get back to normal?

:)

skcusime, May 22, 2017

2. Network locations used to show in Windows Explorer, not anymore.

I have a Netgear Stora NAS on my network, and the icon for it has always shown up when I click on Network in Windows Explorer. Now it doesn't and I have to manually type //stora in the address bar to get to it. I attempted to just deal with it and make
    a network link to the device, but it requires that I link to a folder within the device itself. Its like trying to make a link to my C drive when it is requiring that I link to a folder in the C drive instead.

Deleted video files still show in Network Locations [​IMG]

I went into the properties of the adapter and made sure that Enable NetBIOS of TCP/IP was selected (though in the past Default was always the norm without any issues), and that hasn't changed anything.

Rebooting both my computer and the NAS doesn't change anything.

Also there used to be links to storage devices attached to networked items like printers, etc. I know Windows is seeing them because I can hear the NAS' hard drives spin up after I open Windows Explorer. How can I get this back?

IanTornquist, May 22, 2017
  3. wiloPete Win User
    Network locations used to show in Windows Explorer, not anymore.

For OP - this has been a problem for ages and ages (April 2017 windows 10 not showing computers on network). All the Microsoft reps on here
    do is repeat the same old tired nonsense like 'perform in-place upgrade' etc etc etc. I spent dozens of hours with Microsoft 'technical' reps remoting into my 2 Windows 10 PCs. They reinstalled etc. They eventually gave up and suggested that the PC the had
    been playing around on was too old and that nothing could be done because of that. It was an i5 with 16 Gb RAM that I built in 2013 and had been working PERFECTLY up until the HORRENDOUS Windows 1607 Update.

I have since built a Ryzen 5 16Gb PC with a fresh install of Windows x64 Pro (i.e. brand new). Guess what? Still can't see what is on the network (PC running Win10 home, QNAP NAS and a Synology NAS) unless I type "\\oldPC" etc EVERY time or if I create a mapped
    network drive to a specific location.

I dual boot now, but I still check back now and again to see if the Microsoft Megabrains have actually manage to FIX this. You may, apart from the stuff they like to point to like refering to a 2015 article about SMB 1.0, playing around with Windows Firewall,
    asking you to use the ridiculous 'Feedback' tool, playing with Advanced Sharing, renaming workgroups (can work for a short time), blah, blah, blah.

O.P. - don't hold your breathe waiting for a fix. Microsoft WANT you to revert to typing \\ addresses. Either that, or they want you to go over to Linux or Apple.

p.s. the thread from last year has been LOCKED with NO fix identified by Microsoft. The most recent MS comment was a helpful "We suggest that you send us your feedback or suggestion through the Feedback
    hub
    to help us make Windows better."

p.p.s. IF I start my main PC first (when the other PC is OFF), it will show network locations. When I start the other PC (older W10 home that had previously 'seen' the NAS's etc)), then THAT computer WON'T 'see' the network. Lots of talk about Master Browser
    issues on other forums... still no fix, though! (BTW, I checked that both machines were 'up-to-date' BEFORE I wrote this.

wiloPete, May 22, 2017
Thema:

Deleted video files still show in Network Locations

1. Deleted video files still show in Network Locations - Similar Threads - Deleted video files

2. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  3. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  4. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working.: Yesterday I tried to delete the EA desktop app, hoping if I reinstall it, some issues would be resolved. I opened the windows program uninstall tool and found the app. When I clicked uninstall it said the app was already uninstalled and instead asked if I wanted to remove it...
  6. Deleting a video file

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a video file: Hello,In previous windows versions, deleting a video clip, there was a thumbnail of the video in the "delete" window. Since the last upgrade, when deleting a video, there is only an icon, please see attached screenshot.Is it possible to get this back ?It is just a matter of...
  7. Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.: So i linked my Google Drive with my Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. After realizing how much space it took up i ended up deleting it. I went into control panel and deleted it, emptied it from my recycle bin but it's still showing all the space being used. Under my pc i search DRIVE...
  8. Deleted User Still Showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  9. Deleted User Still Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  10. Deleting locations/entries in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting locations/entries in Network: Im not familiar with the Network tree and how to delete entries within it. I have many duplicate entries, I think because I have set up several of the same folder on other drives. For example on my PC I have a Music folder, a Movies folder and many other such common folders...