Windows 10: deleted volume

Discus and support deleted volume in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I was using diskpart to delete a volume from my usb external hd and i wiped the drive by mistake. Can I retrieve the files and folders or are they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by deanie44, Jan 11, 2018.

1. deanie44 Win User

deleted volume

Hi. I was using diskpart to delete a volume from my usb external hd and i wiped the drive by mistake. Can I retrieve the files and folders or are they lost forever? Any assistance will be appreciated.

:)

deanie44, Jan 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

My disk management is not allowing me to delete a volume.

When I right click, the delete volume is grayed out.

Richard Bergstedt, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 11, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

deleted volume

Hi, it depends what 'wiped' means here. Can you post the command you used?

Meanwhile try one or more of the popular data recovery programs e.g. Recuva.

You might be lucky. Such programs usually have two levels of scanning.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2018
Thema:

deleted volume

1. deleted volume - Similar Threads - deleted volume

2. Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.: Trying to delete volume E so I can extend volume D but I get a message saying that volume is currently in use even tho it's currently empty. It offers me a forced deletion, since there is nothing on there I should do it right?...
  3. Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.: Trying to delete volume E so I can extend volume D but I get a message saying that volume is currently in use even tho it's currently empty. It offers me a forced deletion, since there is nothing on there I should do it right?...
  4. Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.: When I install something, i will experience long periods of 100% spin and 0b data transfers. It does eventually clear, but it will return at random timesmoving the laptop around doesn't initiate it. I finally got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't install ANYTHING in...
  6. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.: When I install something, i will experience long periods of 100% spin and 0b data transfers. It does eventually clear, but it will return at random timesmoving the laptop around doesn't initiate it. I finally got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't install ANYTHING in...
  7. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  9. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  10. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?