Windows 10: Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Discus and support Deleting an Local Administrator Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shahjahan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Shahjahan Win User

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an administrator and gives me an option to remove that ac..However When I login with the old account I do not see the newly created ac...! I just wanted to delete this newly created ac! *Confused Is anyone help me with this issue and really appreciated

:)

Shahjahan, Aug 16, 2018

2. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Unable to delete a Local Account Administrator account

Before I reset my Windows laptop, I had two Administrator user accounts created.

After I reset my laptop, there are three Administrator accounts. Two of them are user accounts that I created myself. One of them is a new account automatically created after my laptop was reset. This account is different from the two accounts I created
    because this new account is labelled as Local Account while the other two accounts that I created are just user accounts.

I wanted to delete this Local Account because I simply have no use for it. However, it is impossible to delete. There are no buttons and keys for you to click and choose to delete it. The two other accounts that I created can be deleted but they are the
    ones I want to keep. I researched how to delete a Local Account and found many ways to delete them. I have tried all of the ways but they do not work because there is no button for me to delete this Local Account. I dug dig into the computer with the help
    from the instructions online but at the end, the last step cannot be completed because it is impossible to delete.

I tried changing the type of account and the username for this Local Account too but in the end, it still cannot be deleted. The computer does not allow me to delete this Local Account. Does anyone here knows how to delete this Local Account?

tan shihui, Aug 16, 2018
  4. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting an Local Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Deleting Local Administrator

2. deleting a local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleting a local account: I have opened a local user account in the name of 'some one'. I want to rimove it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-local-account/50c674b2-8228-40db-884e-ede446a35ffa
  3. deleting a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a local account: I have opened a local user account in the name of 'some one'. I want to rimove it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-local-account/50c674b2-8228-40db-884e-ede446a35ffa
  4. deleting a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  6. deleting local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting local account: hi i have a trouble finding my another local account in the setting tab i went researching about my problem but none of them have the answer is their other way to find local account and delete them because i want to delete it to make my laptop fast because this is kind of old...
  7. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  8. Local account deleted?

Local account deleted?: Hi, My computer crashed and when it rebooted, it required me to login with my Microsoft account. Now, this computer has had a local account since I got it 5 or 6 years ago. I have never used the Microsoft account on this computer. Trying to switch back to the local...
  9. Local Account Deleted

Local Account Deleted: I enabled hidden Administrator account and latter accidentally deleted my local account*Doh which caused me some data loss. I only care about videos which were there in downloads folder. Are there any chances of their recovery? Regards! 45654
  10. Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account

Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account: I run a pretty simple setup at home so the family don't have to call the IT Guy everytime the computer beeps. I have a computer name 'COMPUTER', I have a local computer account 'COMPUTER' and the account has a password 'COMPUTER'. Pretty simple and totally unsafe but the...