Windows 10: Deleting Apps in start menu

Discus and support Deleting Apps in start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I deleted a browser a long time ago and, today, when looking for an app I noticed the browswer software was still in apps list in start menu. It would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Aug 16, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Deleting Apps in start menu

I deleted a browser a long time ago and, today, when looking for an app I noticed the browswer software was still in apps list in start menu. It would not delete, so did this route and got it. Dont know if this is of any value but thought I'd tell you.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

:)

elbmek, Aug 16, 2016
  2. Mornon Win User

App in start menu

I installed a new app, and it showed in start menu, but since when I deleted the shortcut on my desktop I can't make it show anymore in start menu: the app is in the alphabetical list if I open the start menu, the shortcut is in the start menu folders (both
    common and account), I rebuild the index, but if I open start menu and type the app's name it doesn't find it. I also tried to put again the shortcut on desktop, but nothing happened.

Also, I deleted one app, there is no shortcut to it in start menu folders, but if I type its name it still find it (but can't open it, naturally).

How can I fix these issues?

Mornon, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Uriei Win User
    2017 Jan 24 Windows 10 Pro version 1607 Updates KB3211320, KB3214628, and unidentified Feature Updates

This update deleted my whole taskbar and start menu config, now I have to add again all my 30 apps shortcuts to the start menu.

Uriei, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

When a shortcut isn't working anymore, you'll get a request to delete it. *Smile

Dropbox, Aug 16, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    it wasnt a short cut it was listed in apps, I cant say I have ever had a 'shortcut does not exist do you want to castrate it' - nope!

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting Apps in start menu - Similar Threads - Deleting Apps start

2. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  3. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  4. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  6. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  7. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Small App Menu on Start Menu

Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  9. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...
  10. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...