Windows 10: Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

Discus and support Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided to give Defender a try about a week ago and deleted Avast A/V.I use Pegasus for my email software and when I delete a group of emails, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by philherz, Feb 12, 2024.

1. philherz Win User

Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

I decided to give Defender a try about a week ago and deleted Avast A/V.I use Pegasus for my email software and when I delete a group of emails, the CPU usage jumps way up and Pegasus says NOT RESPONDING for quite a while. Task manager shows that Antimalware Service Executable / Defender starts using significant CPU!I'm not downloading emails which is clearly something I need A/V protection for, I'm just moving emails from one folder to the Deleted Folder.Is this normal?Is there a way to stop this?Thanks

:)

philherz, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

1. Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up - Similar Threads - Deleting Emails Defender

2. what is to best way to set up defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is to best way to set up defender: what is the best way to set up Windows Defender to maximize protection for your PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-to-best-way-to-set-up-defender/7b5d063b-fc3e-4f62-baf2-48b820a99944
  3. what is to best way to set up defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is to best way to set up defender: what is the best way to set up Windows Defender to maximize protection for your PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-to-best-way-to-set-up-defender/7b5d063b-fc3e-4f62-baf2-48b820a99944
  4. CPU Temperature jumping up and down all of a sudden

in Windows 10 News
    CPU Temperature jumping up and down all of a sudden: [IMG]There can be many reasons why your CPU might have sudden temperature spikes and dips. This will explain the reasons, and then share how you can fix it: Causes for sudden temperature spikes and dips in CPU Fluctuating CPU Load: Modern CPUs are excellent in power...
  5. Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up: I decided to give Defender a try about a week ago and deleted Avast A/V.I use Pegasus for my email software and when I delete a group of emails, the CPU usage jumps way up and Pegasus says NOT RESPONDING for quite a while. Task manager shows that Antimalware Service...
  6. Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up: I decided to give Defender a try about a week ago and deleted Avast A/V.I use Pegasus for my email software and when I delete a group of emails, the CPU usage jumps way up and Pegasus says NOT RESPONDING for quite a while. Task manager shows that Antimalware Service...
  7. Windows Defender - 100% CPU on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender - 100% CPU on boot up: I've been looking online on how to fix this? It happens quite a lot, but not on every boot. I've just noted though, I have installations across the board of this file. Or is this correct? C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2004.6-0...
  8. Start up taking way to slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up taking way to slow: Hi my laptop has all of a sudden has had a start up problem. It loads my system account and everthing but once I sign in. The main screen takes at the minimum a whole day to load all my applications. I can use most of them once they are all loaded but I can't access my system...
  9. slow start up and processing speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow start up and processing speeds: Dear all. Help. I've had my touch screen laptop for about 7 years. I'm not on Windows 10. The start up and switching between programs / apps is horrendously slow and I don't know what to do to speed it up. I have used 3.98GB of 4 GB memory. Is this the reason why it is slow?...
  10. mermgr.exe keeps jumping and uses CPU up

in Windows 10 Customization
    mermgr.exe keeps jumping and uses CPU up: Hi: Several days ago, my CPU began to be occupied by countless mermgr.exe processes (Windows Problem Reporting). I ran the Scan File Checker and it did not report any problem. To solve this, I tried to 1) disable the Problem Reporting & Windows Error...