Windows 10: Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history

Discus and support Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For whatever reason, I have a bunch of "failed" updates listed under the WU history. They were all cumulative updates for various months. I've done a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vram, Aug 13, 2017.

1. vram Win User

Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history

For whatever reason, I have a bunch of "failed" updates listed under the WU history. They were all cumulative updates for various months. I've done a malware scan, system file check and DISM, all of which were clean.

All cumulative updates have successfully installed the last 4 months in a row. The OCD in me just wants to delete the failed entries from the list because they bug me.

Can this be done?

:)

2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 13, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history :)

musum, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Aug 13, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    If you make and then restore a system image using Windows own included backup and restore tool then you will find all entries (good and bad) are cleared. MS deem these non critical and so are not included in the backup. It is only the list that is cleared, the updates of course remain.

Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history [​IMG]

Mooly, Aug 13, 2017
  6. vram Win User
    Meh, I'm too lazy to go through that.

Thanks though *Smile

vram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history - Similar Threads - Deleting Failed entries

2. delete autoplay entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete autoplay entries: I connect my samsung galaxy s8 phone to my windows 10 pc to backup my phone.the autoplay setting for this device is all messed up and contains a huge list of programs that I just don't want there.how do I clear this list? I've been throught the registry but couldn't find...
  3. delete autoplay entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete autoplay entries: I connect my samsung galaxy s8 phone to my windows 10 pc to backup my phone.the autoplay setting for this device is all messed up and contains a huge list of programs that I just don't want there.how do I clear this list? I've been throught the registry but couldn't find...
  4. Windows Security/ Protection History/ Invalid Entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/ Protection History/ Invalid Entries: Hi all. Some of you are probably aware of an item known as a "game trainer" for PC games; a popular site to get them is GameCopyWorld at PC Game Trainers, Cheats No-CD / No-DVD PlayFixes Patches | GameCopyWorld Some of these trainers (since, when you launch them, are...
  5. Reliability History entry since yesterday

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability History entry since yesterday: Version 1909 Build .535 Home. Since yesterday every time I log in I get an entry in the Reliability History chart. It's happening on two different computers. I don't know of any changes and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything. [img] Any clues or anyone else seeing...
  6. windows update deleting all of history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update deleting all of history: Windows update that ran automatically this morning deleted ALL of my update history. Contacted Help and the person I was working with was trying to help me find the lost data. Has anyone else had this problem? What are the ramifications? It was there at 9:52 a.m. (I...
  7. Duplicate Entries in Reliability History?

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Entries in Reliability History?: Since 2 days ago I've started getting duplicate entries in Reliability History for installed apps - see below. Why is this? [img] 117011
  8. Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History: I've disabled automatic updates (drivers, Win updates) by making changes to Win 10. Now every entry in Update History is listed as a failed update. Of course, no update has failed; I don't want to install them yet. Is there a way to delete failed update entries? 40662
  9. File History - Deleting Entries

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History - Deleting Entries: File History Can I delete current individual Document entries in File History and still have File History work properly for future listings and maintain my old listings? Another tech forum said: "File History keeps a database of all the files backed up. Since you...
  10. File History update failes

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History update failes: Backing up File History (to an external drive) takes its time and then fails just before it is about to complete ....every time. 101148