Windows 10: Deleting files in windows 10

Discus and support Deleting files in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I delete files in windows 10? 18468 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willieve, Aug 22, 2015.

1. willieve Win User

Deleting files in windows 10

How can I delete files in windows 10?

:)

willieve, Aug 22, 2015

2. Deleting files and folders in Windows 10

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. What kind of files are you trying to delete ?

2. Have you logged in as an admin account?

3. Do you face the same issue with another user account?

I would suggest you to boot system in safe mode to check the status of the issue.

Follow the link to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Deleting files from SDHC card in Windows 10

How do I delete files from a HDHS SA Disk in Windows 10?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

LesPreston, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Same way you did in XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

If you are having problems doing this, be more specific please, what are you trying to do and how are you trying to do it?

Ztruker, Aug 22, 2015
  5. willieve Win User
    Ztrucker, thank you for answering.
    I found that the problem is with the file manager I use: Total Commander.
    The error message is:
    ---------------------------
    Total Commander 7.56a
    ---------------------------
    Fatal error in delete thread, aborting!
    Access violation at address 00000018. Read of address 00000018
    > Windows 7: 6.2 6.2 (Build 9200)

Windows exception: C0000005
    Stack trace:
    65E2EA 6603AD >4175D0 403618
    Raw:
    6ADB31 65E2EA 6C2487 6603AD 4175D0 403618

Actually I can delete files with Explorer.

willieve, Aug 23, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    So then why do you need any other way ?

AddRAM, Aug 23, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    lol. Never hear of Total Commander until now. Anyhow, if you are used to their interface and want to continue using Total Commander, they have recently released a version for Windows 10 (8.52 RC1). I just checked out their site and the Win10 versions are available for download

Edit: Welcome to the forum *Smile

WhyMe, Aug 23, 2015
  8. tony910 Win User

Maybe Total Commander is not yet compatible with Windows 10.

tony910, Aug 23, 2015
  9. AddRAM Win User
    Yes, something everyone should realize, companies take time to create updates to their software for Windows 10, they are in no great hurry, but give the latest version suggested by WhyMe a try.

Personally, I see no reason to have an extra program just to delete files, windows should do it just fine.

Ccleaner is the only program I recommend for cleaning up files and cleaning up the registry.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

AddRAM, Aug 23, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    Back in the 80s, before Windows was released, I used a program called Xtree for file and disk management. Lovely little thing it was too!!

Deleting files in windows 10 [​IMG]

WhyMe, Aug 23, 2015
  11. willieve Win User
    Thanks for your answer. Really very usefull. I use Total Commander since long time ago. It is very practical to manipulate folder and files.
    Thanks to all of you that are helping.

willieve, Aug 23, 2015
  12. I remember XTREE...maybe I shouldn't admit to that, oh well.

play2mefish, Aug 23, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

I use Total Commander for years now, File Explorer is such piece of you know what when it comes to working with files, You can do much more than with FE and such even when you open it twice. Cut, copy, paste, zip, unzip etc can be done with a single click and drag in TC. I have been using Norton Commander in DOS days. Windows 3/3.1/3.11 had a good file commander too, I don't know what MS was thinking when it was taken out in W95, I even managed to copy it and make it work in W95 -98., after that TC all the way till now.
    I updated it to v8.51 x64 last year and works perfectly.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting files in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleting files

2. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  3. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  4. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  5. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  6. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  9. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  10. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...