Windows 10: deleting mail

Discus and support deleting mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any way to delete all mail, delete all junk (folder) , empty trash with one click as in ie11? 9532 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robert, Jul 28, 2015.

1. robert Win User

deleting mail

Is there any way to delete all mail, delete all junk (folder) , empty trash with one click as in ie11?

:)

robert, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Will J E Win User

Windows 10 Mail

BTW, I am checking the deletion on the web mail site. If I do the deletion using the Window 7 mail program, the deletions are also at the web mail site. If the deletion is done using the Windows 10 mail; the deletions are NOT reflected at the web mail
    site.

Will J E, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Bairn_966 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail

I find that my Windows 10 Mail, failure to completely delete all mail received. At each boot up the Mail deleted remains current. Procedure please as to delete permanently the deleted mail.

Bairn_966, Jul 28, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

deleting mail

As stupid as it sounds, no you can't. I've been trying to find a way, but it won't let you. If you right-click a folder it just gives the options to 'Remove From Favourites' or 'Pin to Start'.

With Windows 8 Mail, you could:
    - Use CTRL + A keyboard shortcut to select all emails in a folder.
    - Shift Click the top and bottom emails to select all emails in-between.
    - Click the checkbox at the top to 'Select All' emails in the column (as shown in screenshot below)

None of these work in the Windows 10 Mail App. Although it will allow you to show checkboxes in the Windows 10 Mail App by clicking the 'Enter Selection Mode' icon at the top, you still have to select all emails individually.

I don't think the Windows 10 Mail app should have been released in it's current state, as there's too much functionality missing from it. None of the modern apps seem like any effort has been spent on them at all, which is severely disappointing. Instead of improving on the already sub-basic Windows 8 store apps, they've actually managed to remove even more functionality from them.

deleting mail [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Totally agree. Standard things like shift-click, Ctrl-A, etc. don't work.

Jerrythesurfer, Aug 1, 2015
  6. jagbuilt Win User
    Simply select the first email, then with the pointer on that email, press and hold the delete key. They will delete very fast. It's not the ideal solution, but it is quick...

Hope that helps...

Jag

jagbuilt, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Good suggestion, but MS just needs to fix Mail.

Jerrythesurfer, Aug 4, 2015
  8. deleting mail

Yes, they do, but even Yahoo took several years to add the bulk select/delete functionality and I've had an account with them for ages.

As for now, though, I can deal with holding the delete key until the tweak comes in (if it EVER does)...

mattphipps68, Aug 6, 2015
  9. oaklie Win User
    Thx for that delete shortcut. I too was looking for a way to remove all items at once.

Does anyone know how to change the default font and font size setting? It drives me crazy that the font always changes back to Calibri 11.

oaklie, Aug 13, 2015
  10. Machistmo Win User
    Again MS fail... does anyone at Microsoft even CARE anymore? Its just regurgitated crap at this point. Windows 10 mail isn't a release its a carry over from Windows 8 and it is still bad. So lets sum this up - I have better control and function from a web version of their free email system than I do with OS offerings? Yep. I have to go to the web to manage my live account effectively. All this work on Windows 10 and no one ever said "Hey, let make the default mail client not suck"? I have Outlook installed but it is absolutely terrible coupled with live.com or any other free MS mail service. Outlook 2013 works better with GMAIL than it does with their own live service.

TANGENT WARNING :

Microsoft just feels like a directionless company at this point. Windows 8 went in one failed direction and this is an attempt to correct that? It feels like a Service Pack with side of 'we are just sick of Windows' to go with it. Is there anything about Windows 10 that really stands out? Well... multiple desktops I guess? I mean in Windows 8 MS was trying to convince us the desktop was dead..

: TANGENT TRAIN BACK IN THE STATION.... Only Microsoft OS discussions can take me here...

Machistmo, Sep 25, 2015
  11. mrbig2015 Win User
    This is to bad I just went from XP to this and not happy with this delet bit Apple did a up date and did a fix on the Emaile to delet all at won time I love it all so I Cant Print a Emaile in windows 10 at all I have Geek Squad on this for two days boy this Emaile is trash

mrbig2015, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

deleting mail

1. deleting mail - Similar Threads - deleting mail

2. How do you Delete a E-mail account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you Delete a E-mail account?: Hello. Due to some odd error When I Logged into https://answers.microsoft.com/ It showed account Profile Blocked. So I made a new Account "Mew" and I Got The same error. Then I made Another account "I_MEOW". Now I need to Delete the "Mew" account Because I can not view Or...
  3. How do you Delete a E-mail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you Delete a E-mail account?: Hello. Due to some odd error When I Logged into https://answers.microsoft.com/ It showed account Profile Blocked. So I made a new Account "Mew" and I Got The same error. Then I made Another account "I_MEOW". Now I need to Delete the "Mew" account Because I can not view Or...
  4. how to delete completely windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete completely windows live mail: I'm receiving thousands of e-mails thanking me for registering with their website. I want to cancel my windows live account completely to stop these e-mails...
  5. how to delete completely windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete completely windows live mail: I'm receiving thousands of e-mails thanking me for registering with their website. I want to cancel my windows live account completely to stop these e-mails...
  6. how to delete completely windows live mail

7. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO de-clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO de-clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  8. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  9. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  10. Taskbar still showing Mail after its deletion? IMHO confusing users who daily delete many Mails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar still showing Mail after its deletion? IMHO confusing users who daily delete many Mails: I need help to understand why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show this MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for others who do not need to re-open deleted Mail from Taskbar, I prefer Taskbar dropping this Mail because...