Windows 10: Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook

Discus and support Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to delete all messages in the deleted file in Outlook Thanks 47029 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enigma1944, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook

Is there a way to delete all messages in the deleted file in Outlook

Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Apr 11, 2016
  2. ugura Win User

Lumia 928 Automatically deletes email

that's an outlook issue, your outlook deletes messages from server once it downloads the messages, and when your lumia syncs with server, they are also deleted from the phone. so you should better check your outlook settings and find the tick to keep
    the downloaded messages on server.

ugura, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Lumnia 640XL & POP eMail Accounts

I just set up a new mail account on one of my mail servers

I set up the account as Other account > POP3 on my phone (It's a 930 but that makes no difference)

I set up the account as POP in Outlook on my PC

I sent a message from the phone to another mail account

I replied back from the other account

Both Outlook and the phone show the reply in the inbox

I delete the message from the phone inbox

The message is still in my Outlook inbox for the account

The phone does _not_ delete mail from the server when you delete it from the phone, if it does this is behaviour that is incorrect on the server side. I know none of my personal mail servers do this (by default).

By default Outlook on PC will leave a message on the server for 14 days after you delete it from Outlook, you can change this behaviour to not delete at all, delete after an X amount of days or delete immediately.

Paul van der Heu, Apr 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook

Press the Ctrl key and HOLD it > one at a time, click at the emails > all the emails should now be in shaded blue > right click at one of them > click Delete.

Not perfect, but it's the best this Mail app can offer.

Assuming you are referring to outlook.com..................
    If you go to website and login in to your outlook.com, you can right click at Deleted folder > click Empty folder.

Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook

1. Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook - Similar Threads - Deleting messages deleted

2. Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox: I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and this is a constant loop. I have removed Outlook 2019 and installed Outlook 365 and the problem still exists. I am running...
  3. Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files

Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files: On 2 machines, In my primary email account, If I click on Sent, I see the sent messages. If I just do nothing, after about 5 seconds the file that has focus will disappear. If I don't go to another folder, the next message will disappear in about 2 seconds, and this continues...
  4. Deleting files from

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting files from: Hey guys; I seem to have a bit of an OCD issue with deleting unnecessary files from my computer, even though I have plenty of space on the drive. My system is Windows 10 Pro - latest build. I have Windows installed on a 500GB SSD partition. I have periodically deleted the...
  5. Using "Scan to Email" Feature Deletes Body Message - Outlook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using "Scan to Email" Feature Deletes Body Message - Outlook: Whenever I use the "Scan to Email" using ScanSnap Manager or ScanSnap Home, it creates a new message in Outlook and attaches the PDF, which is what should happen. After adding a message in the body and my signature, I then send the email. The recipient of the email only has...
  6. delete outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete outlook account: Hello on 03/31/19 I tried permanently deleteing my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** however I received calls from friends that said the email is still active . I tried logging in to retry the account delete however it was giving me password issues. this...
  7. Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder: I get an error message when I try to empty files from my deleted / trash folders. It says I'm not connected to the server, but that cannot be because I am receiving and sending messages....
  8. Delete Icon In Outlook

Delete Icon In Outlook: Every time I go into Outlook the Delete Icon changes. One time it's a big X the next time its a big trash can. Which one should it be and does anyone know why it changes? I am using Office 365 and have latest update. 119278
  9. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 deleting messages from server: In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait...
  10. message from outlook

in Browsers and Email
    message from outlook: Hello everyone I have been having a few problems with my laptop computer so I have reset it. I am now getting this message that keeps appearing (see attached) How do I get rid of this, can anyone please help. Regards [img] 91953