Windows 10: Deleting multiple contacts in outlook.com

Discus and support Deleting multiple contacts in outlook.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; First of all, since outlook.com went to the OWA format, it's just a mess. I can't even use it on my phone. My main issue however is that after... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gdgates, Nov 25, 2016.

1. gdgates Win User

Deleting multiple contacts in outlook.com

First of all, since outlook.com went to the OWA format, it's just a mess. I can't even use it on my phone.

My main issue however is that after having my twitter account hacked, I have about 1500 unwanted contacts in my outlook.com account. I can't seem to find a way to do a mass delete. I see where I can filter contacts by account, but I can't seem to "select all", then delete them. What am I missing?

:)

gdgates, Nov 25, 2016
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

how to delete all the contacts from nokia lumia 520?

If you go to people on outlook.com on a computer/desktop view you can select multiple contacts then click delete.

TomBrad95, Nov 25, 2016
  3. How to sync multiple Outlook Contacts folders & Groups - without Exchange

I am running Outlook 2007 on my PC. I do not have Exchange or Office 365. I also have a (new, not yet active) Outlook.com account.

I have multiple Contacts folders in Outlook (business, personal, etc.) and Groups within folders.

Is there a way to sync the multiple Contacts folders and Groups to Windows Phone 8?

I've been unable to determine if Hotmail Connector will sync multiple Contacts folders and Groups to Outlook.com.

If Hotmail Connector will sync multiple Contacts folders and Groups to Outlook.com, then will Windows Phone 8 sync the multiple Contacts folders and Groups to the phone? If so, will they appear as separate Contacts folders and Groups in Windows Phone 8
    or will they be merged?

If necessary, I could regroup my Outlook contacts to use just multiple Contacts folders (without Groups) or multiple Groups within a single Contacts folder.

Personal Search Tag: CWDCWD

ChuckDavis666, Nov 25, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

5. gdgates Win User
    I don't want to actually delete ALL my contacts, just the "twitter contacts". When I select only those, neither the 'check all' box, nor the 'delete' button are an option. Very frustrating, since there are over 1500 bogus contacts linked to Twitter.

Deleting multiple contacts in outlook.com [​IMG]

gdgates, Nov 26, 2016
  6. gdgates Win User
    In fact, no matter how I view my contacts, either all, or by account, the "select all" button isn't available.

gdgates, Nov 26, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Check the tick box next to Your Contacts - you should then be able to delete all contacts.

Deleting multiple contacts in outlook.com [​IMG]

How were your Outlook contacts accessed if your Twitter account as hacked? Were you using the same password?

Steve C, Nov 26, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

Strange, why did you then ask about how to delete all contacts? My reply gave answer to your question in your original post:

The selection box is only shown when pointer is on top of the title Your contacts.

9. gdgates Win User
    That's why I clarified in my reply, strange that you didn't pick up on that.

gdgates, Nov 26, 2016
  10. gdgates Win User
    Steve, I assume Outlook sucks up contact information the way it does from Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. I was suddenly following 1500 bogus Twitter accounts that I had never heard of after the hack, and all the associated contact info is now in my Outlook contacts. What a beating.

gdgates, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting multiple contacts in outlook.com - Similar Threads - Deleting multiple contacts

2. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  3. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  4. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  6. Outlook Contacts

Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  7. Multiple Contact Lists attributed to same email address in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Multiple Contact Lists attributed to same email address in Outlook: On Contacts page in Outlook, two contacts lists exist with the same email address. One shows name on the top line, the other shows email address. Contact lists are similar but not the same. How can we merge the contact lists into one and eliminate duplicates? 178822
  8. Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email: I have a few email accounts. In trying to accomplish something I have been messing up the contacts. Now there are 2 identical entries in Outlook Contacts (both empty) Contacts some-email-address Contacts some-email-address The email address linked to these contacts is...
  9. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683
  10. Delete all contacts in People? Multiple instances of all contacts.

Delete all contacts in People? Multiple instances of all contacts.: I don't know how this happened. I have my gmail account and an outlook account in the win 10 "People." The app has multiple copies of the contacts sometimes more than just 2. I'd like to remove all the contacts and accounts and start fresh. I cant find how to do that. Also...