Windows 10: Deleting Multiple files by creation time

Discus and support Deleting Multiple files by creation time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have software that backs up hourly to a local folder, however for archive purposes i do not need every backup, is there a way to delete all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by conrad9900, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Deleting Multiple files by creation time

Hi all,
    I have software that backs up hourly to a local folder, however for archive purposes i do not need every backup, is there a way to delete all files created at time X:XX or to at least sort by time?

:)

conrad9900, Jul 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 Upgrade assistant giving error.

Thanks Dave.

I have deleted the download folder multiple times and tried. Still it gave error.

The ~BT folder is something that I haven't deleted, that I have done now.

In fact there is a folder called Windows10Upgrade. I have deleted that as well every time I restart the process of download / image / ISO creation.

Will keep you updated.

Regards,

Balpreet

Balpreet Singh, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade assistant giving error.

same error code.. after deleting the folders as you said...

Balpreet Singh, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Stevekir Win User

Deleting Multiple files by creation time

The nearest I can find is to Right click on a blank part of the File Explorer window (the blank part which is to the right of the listings) and choose View > Details. Then View (again) > Sort By > More. Scroll down to date Created and check it. The Date Created column will now appear in the File Exlorer window. Click on its heading (Date Created) to list it in ascending or ascending order.

Another way is to simply Right Click on a blank column heading and click Date Created.

To delete the Date Created (or any other colun), Right click on the column header and in the drop down list uncheck its name.

To re-order, left to right, the column headings, Left click on a heading and drag it left or right to a new position.

MORE: Having set a folder to the colun heading you want, you can make the same layout appear for all files within that folder. Right click on the folder and in the dropdown choose Properties > Customise. Select "Also apply this template to all subfolders". Err... I doesn't work for me when I select my documents folder! It changes only one folder deep.

Stevekir, Jul 30, 2017
Thema:

Deleting Multiple files by creation time

1. Deleting Multiple files by creation time - Similar Threads - Deleting Multiple files

2. Delete multiple adapters at one time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete multiple adapters at one time: Is there a way I can delete several adapters from the device manager? I intend to mark three or more and then delete them. Just like you do when you want to delete a file from a folder in Windows...
  3. Delete multiple adapters at one time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete multiple adapters at one time: Is there a way I can delete several adapters from the device manager? I intend to mark three or more and then delete them. Just like you do when you want to delete a file from a folder in Windows...
  4. Delete multiple adapters at one time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time: Hi,In a folder, I have multiple .pdf files. I want to drop them in a new folder that has the same name as my .pdf Is there any tricks to move them in the right folder in 1 shot?...
  6. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time: Hi,In a folder, I have multiple .pdf files. I want to drop them in a new folder that has the same name as my .pdf Is there any tricks to move them in the right folder in 1 shot?...
  7. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Delete confirmation message appears multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delete confirmation message appears multiple times: The popup message confirming "do you want to delete" has suddenly started appearing multiple times. It pops-up 2-4 times, no matter if I click on yes, no, or cancel. Please help!...
  9. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows: I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new manifestations of "File Explorer" without prompting. At the moment it is up to four, but it will continue to grow. Is there a fix in...
  10. Open multiple files at the same time?

Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...